1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fishman BP 100 pick up

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bats, Jan 16, 2013.

1. bats

bats

Oct 14, 2007
    Hengelo, Netherlands
    Hey

I bought an cheap Fishman BP 100 pickup for my bass, les than €40. I put it on my bass and connected it with an Roland Cube 60 Bass. No pre amp inbetween. The clips of the pickup are gone so i first taped it on my bridge.

What I hear is a strong sound of the friction of my fingers on the string. Is that normal. Something to do about it?

Thanks

2. Yes, this is normal for a pickup sitting so close to the strings. It is similar with some bridge wing pickups.
    The high frequencies will be more damped towards the bridge feet or the top.

You might want to use a small clamp (or two) tepmporary to hear if the friction noise will be reduced that way and decide yourself if you might want to get the regular clamps for it. (A higher additional mass on the bridge will change the sound, so concentrate on te friction noise, not on the overall sound when using a higher mass clamp.)

Without a very high impedance amp or preamp input (about 10 MOhms) the lower frequencies are damped (specially if it gets louder). For the price of a preamp you might get a better pickup instead that works without a preamp with your amp.

An read about the BP 100 here on talkbass. Only some basses work well with it.

3. bats

bats

Oct 14, 2007
    Hengelo, Netherlands
    How important are the vilt clips for the sound?

4. Bandit_Jason

Bandit_Jason

Jan 9, 2013
    I use the Bp-100 and the finger noise went away once i added a pre amp. I am useing an Eden WTDI at the moment.

5. bats

bats

Oct 14, 2007
    Hengelo, Netherlands
    Oke thanx

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021