1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fishman SoloAmp - the Bose killer?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by seamonkey, Sep 1, 2008.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    DFW Area, Tejas
    Unlike the Bose, no subs that I see. The Bose sounds like ass with bass w/o the subs, so I imagine this would be the same.

I'd love to try this from Fishmann if it wasn't 77lbs

3. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    There's another key difference I can spot. The Fishman has six 4" drivers and a 1" tweeter. The Bose line array has 24 drivers, albeit each one much smaller in size than 4". Not exactly sure how that would translate into a difference in how they sound, or their coverage of the listening area.

4. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    I have this, it's my shop's bench amp.

I'd never use it for a DB gig. My small AI head and EA cab kicks its ass down the block and around the corner on DB.

They'd market that as a DB amp in a heartbeat if they thought it would fly.

Personally I'd never move that amp an inch. It's a huge pig.

Great reference amp though.

5. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Fishman says it doesn't need a sub, but for bass I'm sure one could simply be added and still be way under the Bose price.

6. Danimal00

Danimal00 Dealer: Sweetwater

Feb 28, 2006
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sound Senior Sales Engineer
    I've had a chance to hear this system. For acoustic guitar and voice, it can really fill a room and sound very full. If you need low end for a bass, then you will want to add a sub to it. Most any powered PA sub can work with this system, you just need to then lug that around as well. For the acoustic guitar singer/songwriter the SoloAmp is really a slick and easy setup.