1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flat EQ Setting For SVT 3 Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by qball26, Oct 1, 2008.

1. qball26

qball26

Feb 5, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Sorry if this sounds newby-ish, but how do you set a flat eq on an SVT 3 Pro?

Do I set the bass, mid and treble all to 12 o'clock? If so, does it matter where the mid frequency selector is possitioned?

The only reason I'm asking, is because I've read something (a while ago) that to achieve a true flat eq on an amp, you had to put the bass & treble on full and put the mid on "0". Is that the case with this amp?

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. qball26

qball26

Feb 5, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Can anyone give a suggestion????

3. On your Svt-3. flat is all Eq knobs at noon, and all the eq sliders in the middle.

It is very rare to see what you are describing, The only company that I can think of that does it is Orange, where the bass and treble knobs are cut only,in order to have a flat eq you need to krank them all the way up.

On all Ampeg heads, if I'm not mistaken, the Eq is boost and cut so flat is in the middle.

4. CFHtyler84

CFHtyler84

Jul 7, 2006
    Shreveport
    Yeah i used to own a ampeg svt 3 pro. All knobs at the 12 o clock position and all sliders in the middle and that is as flat as it gets. If you like that sound you can also adjust the graphic eq and have it set on a foot switch and get a completley different sound which is useful to switch on and off as you like.

5. yep....this is pretty much how I run mine. The SVT-3, sounds best with only minor adjustments IMO. I bump up the mids on the eq just a touch. Also I leave the Low, High, and Bright buttons out. Expect for slap, then I usually use the Bright.