1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FlatChromesteel Solo

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by TMSP, Jan 21, 2012.

1. TMSP

TMSP

Feb 6, 2010
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Hello everyone
    I would like your opinion about the Flatchromesteel Solo. As are compared with Spirocore Solo or Permanent?(volume, tension, bright etc....)

Thank's a lot.

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don't know about the solos, but have used both Flatchrome and Permanent regulars, and if that's any comparison, the Flatchromes are significantly brightly and less tension than the Perms

Louis

3. MostlyBass

MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    I used them for a concert with an orchestra a few years back and LOVED THEM. They are easy to play and very loud. Actually I just bought a set of Flat Chromes orchestral... Anyway, those are the solo strings I'd go with.

4. MostlyBass

MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    This thread inspired me to buy a set of Flat Chromes... What a great string! Easy bow response, great pizz, and loud!! Not as warm as obligatos or zyex but they project well.

5. TMSP

TMSP

Feb 6, 2010
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Thanks for the comments ... how they are behaving? Just think a little strange to find information / comments about them. The Spirocore Solo have more warmth and body of these?!

Thank's

6. MostlyBass

MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    The FlatChromeSteels I just put on? I love'em!! They are really a lot of fun. I put orchestral tuning strings on. They are very solo-y if that makes sense. Probably not the best string for subtle chamber or orchestral work but awesome recital, solo, or mixed genre string. Really fast and easy response.

7. TMSP

TMSP

Feb 6, 2010
    Aveiro, Portugal
    So what is to be the experience with the Flat Chromesteel?
    It's strange there are few comments on these strings ..!
    I'm interested in a comparison with Permanent or Spirocore... Some?

Thank you.

8. TMSP

TMSP

Feb 6, 2010
    Aveiro, Portugal
    So what is to be the experience with the Flat Chromesteel?
    It's strange there are few comments on these strings ..!
    I'm interested in a comparison with Permanent or Spirocore... Some?

Thank's.

9. TMSP

TMSP

Feb 6, 2010
    Aveiro, Portugal
    Hi

Does anyone know if the G and D strings of Flatchromesteel have sound more warm, round and stronger than Permanent G and D strings?:confused:

Thank's a lot.

10. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    In my experience they're brighter (and clearer) than Perms, not necessarily warmer.

Louis

11. MostlyBass

MostlyBass

Mar 3, 2002
    Oak Park, IL
    I'm not sure if they're any more or less warmer but I agree with that they're brighter.. Also easier to bow and longer pizz.