1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Flight case for a 1/4 bass with removable neck

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by Kristian, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Kristian

Kristian

Dec 5, 2008
    Turkey
    Maybe this is not the right place to post this but since its kind of related directly to the bass, I thought that maybe it's OK?

So, I(will soon) have a 1/4 bass with a detachable neck and I'm looking for a flight case. Of course, as small, light weight and as cheap as possible! ;)
    Any ideas?

I heard about some bicycle cases that might work but couldn't find the post right now...

PauFerro likes this.
  2. wathaet

wathaet

May 27, 2007
    I have a light detachable neck case I may be selling. PM me if interested

3. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    Can you tell us more about the brand of this removeable neck 1/4 size? Features? Maybe a pic? How are you going to be using it? Classical, jazz, some other style? Curious!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Kristian likes this.
  4. Tom Lane

Tom Lane Gold Supporting Member

Golf club cases? Please try it before you buy it because I DON"T know that it will fit. But, it might.

Kristian likes this.
  5. Kristian

Kristian

Dec 5, 2008
    Turkey
    It's a handmade wooden bass. I use it for jazz, tango, world music. Works for anything but classical orchestral music.
    I'm tuning it from low G to high E. Soon I'll get a five stringed that I'll tune from low C to high E.
    Here's my YouTube channel:

:)

PauFerro, HateyMcAmp and Tom Lane like this.
  6. Kristian

Kristian

Dec 5, 2008
    Turkey
    I really don't think that would work.
    I heard it works for the eminence but this is a lot bigger!

Tom Lane likes this.
  7. Tom Lane

Tom Lane Gold Supporting Member

Really interesting music! Great playing too! Are you using a non-equal-tempered scale during your solo intro? Sounds vaguely Indian to my ear.

Kristian likes this.
  8. Kristian

Kristian

Dec 5, 2008
    Turkey
    Thanks!
    I'm playing a lot of Turkish music with my trio. It's a minor(sometimes natural sometimes Dorian) scale with a 1/4 flat second step. :)

Tom Lane likes this.
  9. HateyMcAmp

HateyMcAmp Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Krivo Pickups
    No insight to a flight case, but I really enjoyed that clip of music!

Kristian likes this.
  10. Kristian

Kristian

Dec 5, 2008
    Turkey
    Thank you! :)
    We'll make an album this year. ;)

HateyMcAmp likes this.
  11. Mgaisbacher

Mgaisbacher Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    Check out CaseXtreme - Fly it Safe Guitar Cases I’m pretty sure they can make a case to any demensions. Also I know a few friends who fly regularly with them and no one I know has had a problem with them!

Kristian likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021