1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Focusrite to Garageband latency madness! argh

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by hurstp37, May 28, 2017.

1. hurstp37

hurstp37

Mar 20, 2014
    Hayward, CA
    Guys,

I'm a rookie player and really enjoy playing my bass along to various drum tracks in Garageband (don't laugh), but after many many hours of trial and error, I still can't figure out for the life of me how to record a track that aligns with the drum track in GB.

The latency/delay is the problem that I don't know how to overcome.

I've tried plugging my bass straight into the Focusrite interface, tried mic'ng my actual amplifier and so on, but the delay causes the recording to come out sounding like doo doo no matter what I try.

Am I just wasting my time with this gear configuration altogether or does somebody here have a suggestion that I could try?

Thanks for your input here.

2. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Under the garageband settings make sure that the proper audio driver is selected. It should be the focusrite driver.

3. hurstp37

hurstp37

Mar 20, 2014
    Hayward, CA
    F'ng A

Anybody else?

4. eJake

eJake

May 22, 2011
    New Orleans
    Changing the buffer size will change latency. Look for a YouTube video or Google how to do it with garage band.

5. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Fire that drummer!!! (get one that knows how to count :D most of these like pizza and beers!!!)

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass