SOLD Fodera Imperial Elite *FINAL REDUCTION*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by jmjmmjmj, Sep 24, 2021.

1. jmjmmjmj

jmjmmjmj Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2011
    UK
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    GBP
    Strings:
    My Location:
    United Kingdom
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    • United States
    Hello everybody,

(Please note that I'm also selling this bass on Basschat too)

For sale is my beautiful Fodera Imperial Elite 5-string. I ordered this bass in early 2013 and took delivery of it in early/ mid 2014. This is an incredibly versatile instrument, one that I've had the great pleasure of playing at home and abroad over the last seven years. Whilst it's always challenging to accurately describe the sound of an instrument, this bass strikes a really nice balance between sounding deep and fat, yet still articulate. One thing that I've always been really impressed by is the mid-range of this bass; even in large and noisy bands, the sound of the bass really manages to cut through, which is always nice! Relatedly, the onboard preamp is really powerful: in no particular order, there is a stacked volume/ tone knob, a pickup pan, knobs for adjusting bass, mid and treble, an active/ passive switch, a coil tap switch and a mid-range switch. As you can see, there are lots of parameters that can be tweaked... Visually, the maple burl top is really stunning in person; I've tried my best to capture it in the pictures - hopefully it comes across on screen! The bass also comes with the Fodera Teardrop case (as shown in the accompanying pictures).

Whilst I have taken very good care of this instrument, there are a few light dings/ scratches, which I've done my best to capture in the pictures (specifically, in pictures 6-10). Other than that, the bass is in good condition.

On the subject of pictures, if you would like any additional shots taking, please just let me know.

I will work with the buyer to find a suitable method of getting the bass to them, although any shipping costs will be at the buyer's expense. Given the price and weight of the instrument (which, incidentally, is 10.8lbs/ 4.9kg), I would be more than happy to discuss potentially hand-delivering the instrument within mainland UK (depending on the buyer's location) or finding a mutually convenient place in which to hand over the instrument, if appropriate. Any questions about delivery, or anything else related to this bass, please feel free to drop me a message.

Please note, I am not interested in trades at this point in time.

Specs (as taken from the instrument's Newborn page on the Fodera site):

Body Woods

Imperial (MG Shape)
    Walnut Body
    Alder Tone Block
    Maple Burl Top (Solid)
    Neck Woods

Madagascar Kingwood Fingerboard
    3-pc. Hard Rock Maple
    Mother-of-Pearl Dot Inlays
    Construction Specs

Birth Date – April 2014
    Neck-Through Construction
    34″ Scale Length
    5 String Configuration (17.5mm Spacing)
    26 Frets (Large)
    Electronics Options

Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
    Fodera / Duncan Dual Coils
    Matt Garrison Control Layout

(Also, there's something weird about TB currency selection: for clarity, please note that the asking price is £5,500)

Thanks for reading! 1. IMG_5645.JPG

1. IMG_5645.JPG 2. IMG_5643.jpg 3. IMG_5647.JPG 4. IMG_5641.JPG 5. IMG_5642.JPG 6. IMG_5627.JPG 7. IMG_5628.JPG 8. IMG_5631.JPG 9. IMG_5630.JPG 10. IMG_5632.JPG 11. IMG_5624.JPG

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  2. jmjmmjmj

Apr 7, 2011
    UK
    Since the listing originally went up, the asking price has been reduced to £6,000.

On that point, please note: the price of this bass is in pound sterling and not US dollars. Of the messages I've received, it's clear that there has been some confusion as far as the currency of the asking price goes, so I just wanted to clarify that point here.

Also, if you have any questions about shipping, please just let me know. As mentioned in the listing above, I am happy to work with the buyer to find the most suitable means of getting the bass to them.

Thank you

3. Wsscal

Wsscal

Nov 27, 2018
    Sydney, NSW
    OMG!! If only I can afford that:drool::drool::drool:
    I am so keen to hear the sound of it though!
    GLWS!

jmjmmjmj likes this.
  4. jmjmmjmj

Apr 7, 2011
    UK
    Thank you! There are a few videos on my Instagram, including this and this. Thanks for your interest and kindness :)

Wsscal likes this.
  5. jmjmmjmj

Apr 7, 2011
    UK
    Final reduction on this beautiful instrument. As before, please note that the price of the bass remains in pound sterling. Thanks!

6. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump for a cool bass and an excellent use of ‘whilst’ in your original post. I might Venmo a small fee to hear an audio clip of you reading that post. Currency of your choice.
    Maybe whilst you and your bass are betwixt the house and the gig.

7. jmjmmjmj

Apr 7, 2011
    UK
    Very good! "Betwixt" is woefully underused! Maybe we could hire voice actors to read posts on here. I think it may make me more likely to buy more gear!

ElMon likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022