Fodera... supportgroup...!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mikkel-S, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Guy's... I seriously need a supportgroup!.. Just ordered my Fodera "Matt Garrison" Imperial 5. The wait is about 6-8months.. I know, some of you have waited even longer for a custom instrument, but this waiting time is already killing' me! :crying:
  2. I know its not quite custom...but its been about 9 months since my Fretless Ric was ordered.

So i know all about sucks.

And poor Incubus has been waiting about 3 years for his Ric 4004lk.
  3. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Yeah... I know.. Some guy's have it even more difficult than me... I really understand you!.. Waiting is a bitch
  4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    What the specs on that Fodera MG5?

Is there a thread that I missed about it?
  5. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I feel you man. I have been waiting almost 6 months for my custom Spector's, and it took almost a year to convince them to make them for me in the first place! The up side is that I should see them within a few weeks. WOOHOO! The waiting SUCKS!
  6. Niskamies

Jan 13, 2004
    I have to wait for over 4 months before I get my Sadowsky MS5 :bawl:
  7. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    No, I haven't posted anything yet.. Sorry... ;)

But here's the spec's..

Fodera MG Imperial 5
    Redwood top/walnut body
    Ash neck/Ash heel
    Aero Dualcoils w. ebony covers
    33" ebony fingerboard
    Ebony ramp
    2+3 peghead.
    The bass is to be tuned E-C like Garrison...

Here's the Redwood Lace Burl top:

Thats it for now...
  8. Redwood makes for awsome tops (and probally my fav for topwoods)...that should be a snazy bass. :)
  9. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I ordered my Imperial 5 back in March. I was originally quoted 4-6 months with a neck they had that was mostly done already. Heh, so much for that. I still don't have it. Last week I called the place I ordered it through and they're calling Fodera again to find out what's going on. I was told that Fodera was going to send an email explaining the delays. Never saw that, either :(

It's frustrating. I was surprised at the 4-6 month timeline when they quoted it to me. I figured it would be delayed and so far I'm not too surprised. At this point I figure March is a likely timeline. I hope they'll continue working on it but with the holidays here and NAMM coming up, I'm not sure how much time my baby will get until February or so. Of course, I'd love if it showed up before Christmas but the chances of that seem pretty slim :bawl:

Maybe Fodera could get me into NAMM so I can at least see some other Fodera :D ;)
  10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Waiting is a bitch.
    Bass sounds cool, I gas for a MG- EADGC-too.
    I'am waiting for Wendler- fetless5-string.
    looks like my bass will be a little late?
    Hope to have it before X-mas?
  11. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Cool. Another Fodera guy stringing his EADGC. That's how I ordered mine :D I'm even more impressed that you got a pic of your top. I've gotten zilch thus far :(
  12. I always waited for over a year so I know what you feel like..
    Man but it's worth once you got a bass after long period.
    I am waiting for Garrison 6 & Anthony Presentation 6 now.
    It sounds like Garrison 6 will be done by Christmas.
    It's like a Christmas gift for me.. :hyper:

I'd like to write spec of my Garrison 6 for thoes of you want to know.. :smug:

Walnut body, Burl Crotch walnut top, Maple venner between body & top wood,
    Aero dual coils w/ cover. 35" 24 frets, 5 pc ash neck, kingwood board w/ christian fish inlay
  13. Yeah, I hate waiting sometimes. It's better if they are in stock or available for ya...
  14. Yes - It is along wait but when you get your Fodera you will be in bassheaven! Fodera are some of the greats basses on this planet. They are very easy to play and the sound is great!!!
    My Fodera Monarch Deluxe 4 was also delayed and I thougth it never would be done. I got a mail from Mika/Fodera where she explained the delay. I can send it to you PM fore those who want it.

In the new year I will order a Imperial 5 or Monarch 5 and hopeful get it in 2006 :D
  15. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I need a support group as well, but my ailment is that I want a Fodera but don't have the money for one. :(
  16. Well I have two points here - one, is that I am probably going to order a Fodera MG 5 very soon - and two, having just waited for well over a year for my custom fretless 5 I am hardened to the possiblility that I may well have to wait over a year to see te Fodera.

All I can add in sympathy to you and anyone else waiting for a new bass is that when it arrives, and it really is the next best bass (for you) in the world ever - the waiting is all worth it - I was tearing my hair out when I was waiting for this guy to finish my fretless but now I have it I can say this is MY bass made for ME - don't worry it will be worth it.

Hang in there man.

17. Hi Mikkel,

I support you, for I just got my new 5er last week after 5 months... :D
    Play your Morch bass, the time will get shorter.

I'm surprised with your option "ash" for neck :meh: first time for me to hear about that.
    I thought you should go for Fodera more classical specs choice : 34' scale, etc...
    If a day you would go back and sell it for a Morch ;)
  18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yup, me too.
  19. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    Im hanging' in there so far... But Im already tearing my hair out!
  20. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    You haven't received anything???!