Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For those with Active Electronics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LoveThatBass, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That's a cool idea. I wonder how it would last under normal use...

2. Yep, lithium batteries are sweet. I have a portable minidisk player that has had the same single AA lithium battery in it since last summer, and I listen to it 2 to 3 hours a week. I believe I also put a litium battery in my bass too.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Procells have always worked forever with me, these things must last years!

4. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Yeah, I have been using pro-cell. So far I haven't had a bass outlast a battery yet. :D

5. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Just an FYI... buy.com has Energizer lithiums for only $6 and without having to buy quantity.

6. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Interesting...

If y'all had to choose between these Lithium batteries vs. the stronger of the NiMH rechargables, which would you go with?

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    NiMH. They last long enough for me and I don't pollute the earth as much that way.

8. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I'm sure 1,000 recharges would go farther than any single Lithium battery, too.

9. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, but will NiMH go full 9 volts?

We looked into several "9-volt" rechargeable systems for our church wireless stuff (8 laveliers, 5 microphones), but all of them maxed out at about 8.2 volts.

I use the Energizer E2 (the silver 9-volt) it's an alkaline, but in the year plus I've owned my bass, I've only hcnaged 9 votls once.

I do like the lithium.... it's just hard to find them for 9-volt.

10. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    I use NiMH throughout my rig. They are especially effective in my wireless transmitter which eats conventional batteries. they also charge up fast.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com

I bought the Maha MH-C490F-DC 9V Charger w/ 3 Maha 9.6V POWEREX Rechargeable Batteries.

This is one of the best investments I've ever made. HIGHLY recommended.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dang! Something else for me to worry about now.....batteries.

All this time I have just been using whatever is on sale at the store. I tell ya, you guys drive me crazy sometimes. :)

-Mike

12. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Did you hear about the boutique home-brewed batteries?? they cost alot but man are they transparent :p :bag:

13. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    :D

14. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Quote of the day :p