1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Forget the "no cargo shorts on stage rule"...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Michedelic, May 18, 2017.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

allenhumble, JimmyM and Ubersheist like this.
  2. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

And yes, there was Les Claypool and his Long Johns...

Ubersheist likes this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Bend over to touch your toes and those suckers will wedgie your butt crack something fierce. Me, I don't care what anyone says, I'm sticking with my cargo shorts. If you don't like it, don't look! :woot::thumbsup:

kcolyar, Mike A, Fxpmusic and 4 others like this.
  4. The wedgie would probably be a bonus. I'm sick like that. Woohoo!! :bassist:

Burwabit likes this.
  5. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    We could always bring back lederhosen!

6. Why is the entire internet suddenly talking about these things today? I had neither seen nor heard of them before this morning, and suddenly they're all over facebook, news sites, reddit... and now talkbass too.

I have a sneaking suspicion that we're all targets of a massive viral marketing campaign.

7. Boristhespyder

Boristhespyder Supporting Member

IMG_0309.GIF
    Only for slap playing.

8. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I wear short sleeved coveralls at work alll day, errrvy day. I am a trend setter.

9. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    That is one of the worst looks I have ever seen in male "fashion". Talk about giving up your man card.

Everyone take pictures of dudes if you see them wearing this crap. Will have serious blackmail value in the not to distant future.

JMacBass65, andruca, Leiria and 2 others like this.
  10. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
  11. CB3UK

CB3UK

Jan 13, 2017
    Kentucky
    Can we get back to men acting like men already? Sheesh.

12. Well...at least they dont have ROMPERS!

13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

A lot of insecure males here seem to think their masculinity is tied to their choice of attire...

Nashrakh, SeSt, NStrawn and 11 others like this.
  14. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    How does a man act?.....

15. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    And women don't? I know a whole bunch of women who wouldn't be caught in public wearing their "working in the garden" clothes, but I have never known a man who was ashamed to be seen in dusty jeans, or whatever. My mother-in-law is a sweet, wonderful woman, but she will NEVER go anywhere without "dressing for it."

Everyone has their limitations, and, until I saw those photos I had never even known what a "romper" was, but I will certainly never wear such a thing. (Lessee...wasn't that a Dirty Harry quote, or something? "Man's gotta know...")

AngelCrusher and JaseyT like this.
  16. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

If you look at somebody's attire and say "they're not a real man/woman" based on their choice of clothing, it says more about you than them. What a ludicrous way to pigeonhole people.

17. 1st Bass

1st Bass

May 26, 2005
    Forest Grove, OR
    How did I pigeonhole anyone?

TinIndian, Gearhead17 and JaseyT like this.
  18. DiabolusInMusic

Sorry if I was unclear, I never said anybody did but several people here are commenting on the idea that wearing a romper will somehow reduce your masculinity or cause others to view you as feminine, something our society looks down upon. That would be pigeonholing people into a "not male" category. Mind you, you did allude to a Dirty Harry quote presumably implying about the outward display of masculinity.

CooWoo likes this.
  19. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship? Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Those rompers look terrible.

20. Boristhespyder

Boristhespyder Supporting Member

IMG_0184.JPG