1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Former Guitarist

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Abba Zabaoth, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Abba Zabaoth

Abba Zabaoth

Apr 3, 2006
    Hello all. I played guitar for 3 years before deciding to pick up the bass about a year ago, more from necessity than anything else. I got a $150 4 string and a $200 100 watt no-name amp (with no tweeter, this irks me now.) Over time, bass became more fun than guitar, and now I devote nearly all my time to bass. About 2 months ago I purchased a used Ibanez Soundgear 6 string bass for more range, and because 2 guitarists I jam with on a regular basis have 7 string guitars (I spend most of my time playing metal).

I have no formal instruction of any kind, I know what I know about bass from the occasional instructional article, and that's all. The rest I learned from the instrument itself. My knowledge of theory has carried me this far, but I feel I need to take it to the next level. I plan to learn more slap and tap techniques, interpretation of jazz charts, and to get into soloing. I haven't lurked here very long, but I'm sure I can find that information here.