1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fostex MR-8 (cheap!)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Ok, on musiciainsfriend it is $250. Is this recorder any good. Actually, if it goes back up to $300 i'll think about it, maybe used. The Fostex MR-8. Thanks.

EDIT (kinda to SMASH): *Actually, if it goes back up to $300, i'll still think about it, maybe used.

2. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I've had mine since Sept 16 and I have recorded over 30 hours of music with it, some great jam sessions were captured during that time. You can do all the basic operations after a speed read through the manual and you can get the more complicated stuff after your new toy fascination dies down a bit and you take the time to really read the manual. Also, if you plan on doing any big recording, or multiple recordings, make sure you get a bigger flash card, because the stock one only allows you to save and convert about 6-8 minutes of audio on the highest setting. The internal mic kicks butt by the way, most of my recordings were done with it because I can't afford any microphones that do as good a job as the Int Mic.

3. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    I have a slightly biased opinion, try and keep that in mind.

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    How much is a bigger flash card? Sell me yours :confused: :D

5. Macron69

Macron69

Mar 24, 2000
    Puerto Rico
    Well, i got mine the other day, and it's cool. I have no experience with recording equipment or technique so this will be my first dive into recording, but i found out pretty easily how to record a bass line. Might post some progress with this machine later.

6. SeeSharp

SeeSharp

Sep 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Buy a Digidesign MBox with Pro Tools for about $400 at Guitar Center.

~C#~