Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fostex VF80EX

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Diowulf, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    My brother, our drummer and I were thinking about going in on this together. It looks good enough for some basic recording, but I don't know if it's the best choice. I was wondering if any of you had experience with this, or know anyone that has owned this. I'm posting this, because I'm a little bit skeptical about it and thought I might drop a line here to see what you all thought.

Thanks

Heres the link

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/240280/

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Check out the new Tascam model DP01. More bang for your buck!

3. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Hey thanks for your reply. I was also looking at that, but does it come with a CD burner? Im trying to compare the two and there looking pretty close. This is probably going to take a while :) .

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

No cd burner but it has a USB port where you can transfer your stuff to a computer and further edit or burn to a cd! With the Fostex, it has a burner but your're kinda stuck with whatever mix you have. If you wanted to transfer to PC, you'd have to do it in real time in digital [if you have a digital input on your soundcard] or analog. I'd prefer the Tascam version myself. Unfortunately, I own the original Fostex model [VF-08] with 10GigHD and no burner!

5. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    Thanks for the information. I'm giving the Tascam seriouse thought. I'll talk it over with my bro, and our drummer and see how it goes.