1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fostex x55 any use?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Seth Miller, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Seth Miller

Seth Miller

Jul 10, 2014
    Colorado
    I was just cruising through the local CL and saw one is these for 35$. Broken record button, which I'm guessing I could still activate with s pencil or something.

I just so happen to be going to the seller's area tomorrow evening anyways.... It's kind of an impulse buy but these take me back to all the little multitrack tape recorders I lusted after as a teenager.

I don't have an immediate use for it but what do you guys think? Would the mixer on it be useful for something? Or maybe use it for an effect or as a way to play cassettes through my stereo? I don't even have any cassettes but I could see myself buying the first dozen or so I've owned in the past.