1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Framus EUB

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by STARI, Apr 28, 2006.

1. STARI

STARI

Apr 28, 2006
    Has anybody some knowledge of Framus EUB? I bought one
    a week ago and know nothing about it, except that iit's nice and sounds beautiful. Sory for my mistakes in writhing, i'm not expert in English Language....

2. mikjans

mikjans

Dec 17, 2003
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Framus introduced the Triumph Bass in 1956 and it was made until the company folded in the late 1970s. Since the start in 1982, the Warwick Co (founded by H P Wilfer, son of Framus founder Fred Wilfer) has also offered a Triumph bass, although modernized.

Triumph Basses are fairly common, as EUBs go. They´ve been made in four-figure numbers.

They all have magnetic pickups, not piezos, which makes the sound closer to a big fretless bass than an acoustic double bass.

Here´s some info on the Triumph Bass:
    http://jazzgitarren.k-server.org/framus.html

Mikael

3. STARI

STARI

Apr 28, 2006
    Thank you very much

4. STARI

STARI

Apr 28, 2006
    And can You tell me which strings to put on it?

5. If it sounds beautiful, as you said, why bother changing the strings?

6. mikjans

mikjans

Dec 17, 2003
    Uppsala, Sweden
  7. STARI

STARI

Apr 28, 2006
    Thanks

8. I played one of the new Warwick Triumphs which had both magnetic and piezo pickups. The sound was good from both pickups and a blend of the two was excellent, so it may be worthwhile adding a piezo for a bit more 'acoustic' presence.