1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FREE Bass Strings on Saturday in Orange County, CA

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by milkman2k10, Aug 16, 2012.

1. The shop I go to is giving away free strings on Saturday 8/18/12. Going to be a great day with free restrings and awesome product demos. Come stop by, I will be hanging out all day.

[​IMG]

2. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the heads up! If only I had a car to get down there...

3. Your welcome. Where abouts are you located?

4. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I'm in Santa Monica and stuck with public transportation for a while. Did you go? Tell us about it. There aren't too many bass specific stores in the world.

EDIT: Or rather, there aren't too many guitar shops that give bassists the attention we deserve.

5. The event is actually tomorrow. Its going to be a great time.

They wanted to make sure that the bottom dwellers in So Cal get "full service" so to speak.

Hope to see some of you guys there!

6. Wish I was coming a day earlier. My plane lands Sunday afternoon. :crying: Maybe I can stop by later in the week...

7. So awesome. I live in Huntington Beach!!!! I'll be there in a bit!!!! Woohoo!!!!

8. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    That's pretty cool. I'm tempted to take in and restring my Warwick now, if I can make it over in time.

9. That was fun and educational. Not only did I get a great deal on a fret level and crown, but I also won a raffle for a pigtronix disnortion pedal. The demos were pretty cool too. Aguilar amps and cabs with a spector bass.

10. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    I was wondering if somebody here won. I brought my patriot for the restringing. Hooray for free set up! It was fun, also tried out some Cobalts. Got to check out a lightly reliced lakland, I'm kinda gassing for one now.

11. It was a great turn out. I too got to play that Lakland..It was smoking. Thank you all for coming down. I wish I would have known you all were there. I was the guy doing the Spector Demos. Hope to see you all in the shop again.

Sidenote:

I think we should start some sort of OC Bass Club and have some get togethers every few months, thoughts?

12. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011

Do i get ratted out for living in LA county if I show up?

13. Haha, Nah we will make an exception for you. I am putting together stuff for this over the next two weeks. I will keep you all in the loop.

14. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
    I'm a bit inland, but want to make it down and check out the new shop and toys. What kind of Lakland was it (model)?

15. He said it was an artist model but for the life of me I can't remember who. It was a J Bass with two stacked Vol/Tone pots, creamy white, and gorgeous birdseye maple neck. He actually won a free setup and fret dress. So when he brings it back in I will ask the guys to take some pictures.

Please feel free to stop in anytime. They are open M-F 11 to 7 and Sat 11 to 4.

16. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
    from your description, sounds like the Lakland J-bass which is called a Joe Osborne model, or a 44-60, depending on the year of mfg.

17. I'd be down for that. Count me in.

18. Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    Do you know if they offer a discount to Talkbass members?

19. I was hoping that milkman2k10 would respond, as I believe he is in contact with the shop and could answer that question.

I received my bass back yesterday, 5 days from when I dropped it off (It was actually ready in 4, I just couldn't get to the shop on the same day it was ready. They called right around 1pm) Fast work is my gist.
    Due to the bass garage grand opening, I received a percentage off the normal, but it was affordable enough for me to decide to do it. Even the normal pricing seemed reasonable.
    What I got was a fret level and setup. The bass needed the fret level bad and there was little to work with. 97 Maple neck P with gouges around 3rd and 4th frets, D and G. I just put Chromes ECB84 on it <40,60,80,100> (long scale, strung through bridge, cloth cut back). For the life of me, I cannot get the neck straight to start with during my setup/intonation phase, and basses have eluded me since playing them.
    Just played it and the Disnortion OFO and had a blast at the jam session tonight!
    Tomorrow band practice should be just as good, the action seems a bit high, but will see if anything can be done about it later next week.