Free editor for Zoom pedals: B1on, B1Xon, MS-60b

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tonelib, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Tonelib

Tonelib

Mar 14, 2018
    The ToneLib is an application for Win and OSX which allows you to see, change and save all the settings in your Zoom pedal through your computer. Intuitive drag-and-drop interface will allow you to build your Effect Chain and design the sound you need in the easiest way.

As soon as you’ve reached the sound to your liking, you can save it both on your personal Zoom device and your computer, or even share it with other.

At present, the program works with (latest firmware):
    B1on, B1Xon, MS-60b, G1on, G1Xon, MS-50g, MS-70CDR

You can download it from the downloads section www.tonelib.net. The program is free. Enjoy. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Denis (tonelib dev)

icefly, Bruno Maia, Andy V. and 23 others like this.
  2. Welcome Denis and thank you for sharing. Please tell us a bit about yourself and join the discussion.
    Great work, just installed and already editing patches are a breeze.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Splendid work Denis. Looking forward to trying this out. Will definitely make like a little easier.

4. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    Awesome!

5. J Posega

J Posega Cat Dad and Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Now I'm disappointed I flipped my CDR for the 100BT.

gregmon79 likes this.
  6. Low Commotion

Low Commotion Supporting Member

Great little app Denis! I like how I can make changes on the Zoom through the application (on the computer) when the Zoom is operational with the bass and amp connected, and hear the changes as I make them. Very easy to use and very intuitive.

7. Tonelib

Tonelib

Mar 14, 2018
    I'm glad it proved useful.

Cheers,
    Denis

8. Callused Finger

Callused Finger

Feb 22, 2007
    New York
    No G5N support?
    I guess the interface on the g5n is so intuitive software isn't necessary. :D

9. Tonelib

Tonelib

Mar 14, 2018
    No, sorry. I'm currently working on the support of Zoom G3n/B3n.

Cheers,
    Denis

SirMjac28, Das Jugghead and tkonbass like this.
  10. Don't forget the B3 as well lots of those in the wild.

Guiseppe, John Swartz and tkonbass like this.
  11. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2012
    St. Paul, MN
    Awesome app. Thanks for making this available. Been tweaking my MS50G and its pretty sweet! Looking forward to the B3n being supported. Did you check out this thread? -> New: Zoom B3n Multi-Effects

12. Tonelib

Tonelib

Mar 14, 2018
    Hi tkonbass,

Thank you!

Yes, I am a long time reader of this thread but I have never posted :)

The B/G3n was and still is on top of my todo list, but... I've got an email with a photo (just a picture without any additional explanation):

may_be_interesting.jpg

I think, Zoom is working on new features for its Guitar Lab.
    Cheers,
    Denis

13. I'm kicking myself for selling my B1on. I've been wanting to get a B3n ever since I read on the forum that Zoom was going to update their software to allow editing in the program. Now that I see you have written this program, I might just go out and buy another B1on. I like the looper and if I can edit in real time at the guitar and computer, that would be all I need.

14. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    I just got to checking this out today, and the app is freaking awesome - it has inspired me to clear out most of my pedals and just use my B1Xon - all because of the ease of use your app brings to it. Managing effects and patches through the pedal interface was a nightmare so I found myself not using it at all; now I can see very much the opposite. Zoom should be bundling this with every pedal. My son is also now using his G1Xon, after initially going “meh” to it.

sabre79 and tkonbass like this.
  15. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2012
    St. Paul, MN
    +1000. This has made my MS-50G immensely more useable. I can’t wait to try this with the B3n.

16. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    Any chance it will run under Linux in the near future?

tubatodd likes this.
  17. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    One feature I was looking for when I first started using it was a “play” button so I could hear what the patches and settings sounded like. But at that point I didn’t realize I could have my bass plugged in and the Zoom plugged in to my amp and hear the changes immediately with my own gear. So no “play” button needed! But maybe bring this capability to the forefront in the documentation and marketing, because I missed it, others may also have missed it, and it’s an awesome capability. (Can it be called marketing when it’s a free product?)

Anyway, thank you again! Great software. You did a good thing.

sabre79 likes this.
  18. Wow this is great, this just makes it so easy to delete all factory patches and create some patches with 1 effect each so you can easily explore them. Thanks!
    You can also Copy and Paste patches, but I highly recommend using keyboard shortcuts. If you Cut a patch and then cut another one the first one is lost. I have misclicked a few times, but when using keyboard shortcuts I don't make this mistake personally.

I did get a single crash and all my B1on did untill I rebooted the app and the device was create a high pitched noise, but luckily my Master Volume is set to 25 so it didn't hurt my ears. I highly recommend setting the Master Volume below 40 when using headphones. Or you can just disconnect them just in case. The software seems very stable otherwise, for third party software it's very polished!

Edit: In the following days I did have some more issues. Sometimes clicking a patch deletes it for instance. Even if you don't cut it or anything. I think I've also had a patch randomly copy on to another one when I switched to a different patch.
    It's perfectly usable software, just make sure to make plenty of backups when you plan to change a lot of patches in 1 go. They are only 4 kb or so anyways :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    whero, bassbrad and BillMason like this.
  19. I love the idea, unfortunately the app is not coded in a way that makes it useful to us visually impaired players. Not a single thing in ToneLib reads with my speech software. If you ever decide to do a rework, I would hope that if possible you considered accessibility going forward.

lesliegl, BillMason and mmon77 like this.
  20. BillMason

BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    I get the impression that it’s one person, maybe two people, developing it and it’s free software. More things need to be accessible, for sure.