Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fret buzz trouble with a zon

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Aug 20, 2005.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    so i got this really awsome zon a few months ago. its been the greatest bass ive ever played, ever. anyway, in the last month ive changed strings at least 3 times because ive been trying to figure out if i like round, half or flat wounds better. finally i decided on flats so i put a new set on the other day. well now im getting fret buzz on teh d and e strings around teh 2nd fret, i think. and if i hit the a string with any force it sounds like a little rattle from the bridge. on teh e and d strings i have hipshot d-tuners which im really looking to take off. they seem to be a little more hassle than they are worth. also, the bass never seems to stay in tune. it always seems to be just a tiny bit flat or sharp, according to my boss tuner. im chocking it up to a bad tuner and plan on replacing it. in the mean time, any suggestions? thanks

2. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Did you purchase the bass new or used? If new, I would send an email directly to Zon.

Joe

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    brand nwe from zon. i have sent an e-mail to them and am eagerly awaiting a reply.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    alright, first thing monday morning.... well make that around noon monday morning. time zones, who needs them. :rolleyes: