1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fretless maple custom..should i get it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A BassInTunisia, Mar 30, 2013.

1. so there's this fretless maple custom bass on craigslist. i really want/need a fretless. i really like this one but i'd just like to ask others if it would be a good buy or not.

here's the link: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/msg/3706281377.html

thanks

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Looks cool, but of course you need to play it. I realize he says he's firm on his price, but I would start at $400.

3. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    Not my cup of tea, the etching.
    I agree with Snyderz... But I'd start with $350.00 worth of dead presidents in hand.

4. Engine207

Engine207 Losing faith in humanity...one call at a time.

Jul 10, 2008
    Higley, AZ
    Looks like a no-name parts bass...albeit a pretty cool looking one. Unless I pulled it apart and found it had a pair of Fralins in it, some Hipshots in the headstock and the body/neck were Warmoth, I'd not consider paying $600. Even then, it's expensive.

5. mp40smg

mp40smg

Aug 11, 2010
    Worcester, Ma.
    If the bridge is any indication of the quality of the components, I'd say 3-4 sound much reasonable.

Then depending on how the "fantasy art" is done and you really liking it... -100

6. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Walnut... I'll bet it weighs a ton

7. well, of course i'm gonna try it before getting it. i asked him if he wanted to trade a guitar for it and he said he'll think about it.

i really love the look of the walnut. i'd take off the sticker though, he says it can come off pretty easily.

the only thing i don't like of it (visually) is the dark wood with black pickguard/pickup covers. if i bought it, i'd get a cream pickguard and cream pickup covers from warmoth to give it a nice contrast.