Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fretless problem, think neck warped, help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RJSBASS, Oct 15, 2005.

1. RJSBASS

RJSBASS Guest

Jun 22, 2005
    New York
    ok, so i havn't played my fretless in about a week. so i walked up to it and played an A on the G string. no sound came out, just a buzz (this is unplugged). it seems as though the action is WAY too low, so when i play lower notes i do'nt even produce a sound. this bass is about a year old. the neck doesn't seem like its warped. here is the really weird part...i play normally with the bass and there is no sound. then i turn it like an upright, vertically, and there is some sound....whats going on???

2. Rene

Rene

Mar 8, 2004
    Canada
    Your truss rod is too tight, loosen it 1/4 of a turn left or counter clock wise

3. RJSBASS

RJSBASS Guest

Jun 22, 2005
    New York
    thank you

4. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    sorry don't mean to be a smartass but it depends on what kind of bass it is, doesn't it?

5. Rene

Rene

Mar 8, 2004
    Canada
    On a single way truss rod ,you tighten turning right(neck going up) and you loosen turning left(removing the tension on the truss rod against the strings) truss rod working only one way
    Two way truss rod, your neck will go up turning right and your neck will go down turning left. your truss rod is working two ways.