Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

friendly?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lilbassgirl, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello. i am new to the scene here. what is talkbass, what do you talk about? anyone in here from california? how about any girls. i'm a girl, i live in cali...hope to talk to you more! bye

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    California, how I miss her.

I'm a californian in boston, but my heart is still in cali, I don't care what anyone says, I love that state.

at anyrate, there are a few girls on Talkbass.

Talkbass is a congregation of a fair amount of bassists, and bass enthusiasts, talking about all things bass-related.

I'd say an overwhelming majority of the members are friendly, and as such this is a very nice place on the internet.

It's more of an addiction, than a webpage.

welcome aboard :)

3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Welcome!

We are friendly folk, and though there aren't many females here, ladies are always welcome. Keep an eye out for Treena Foster... she's quite knowledgable, and from what I've been able to discern, I'd venture to say she has more experience here than most of the guys (myself included).

Feel free to off opinions and ask lots of questions... there are many, many years of experience to be learned from here on TB.

4. California babes?

....sweet.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to Talkbass, lilbassgirl!:cool:

I think that you will find most of us to be friendly and helpful, although the teenage boys sometimes get raging hormones when a new girl joins the board.:D

Make yourself at home, and if you have any questions, ask away! That's what we are here for.:)

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well lets see, its Talkbass, so we talk about..bass.

But hola , bienvidos. Enjoy your stay.

7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Welcome to Talkbass, lilbassgirl:)

8. I have seven simple words for you.

;)

(p.s. welcome)

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    No. I'm evil. :spit:

Greetings.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    'cept him.

We're still not sure who let him in.

11. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Me too, man. I've been living in NY for 21 years, but I'll never be a New Yorker, always a Californian. And that's no reflection on NY, which is a great place. It's just how it is.

12. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    And welcome, lilbassgirl. If you want to know what we talk about here, I'd suggest you look around at the various subforums under "Bass Guitar", stick your nose in any topics that interest you, and see if there's anything you want to take part in. Or if you have any questions, just ask away. We're mostly pretty friendly, and we rarely bite.

13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Awright, John Turner or Gard.....you've been outed!!!! ;)

14. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Embellisher, there is just something unwholesome about you addressing girls with a different smilie at the end of every sentence. :D

15. raaaar!! :D

welcome to the low-end! :cool:

16. notabob

notabob

Sep 20, 2003
    cincinnati ohio
    microbass, i think you are confused. this is not the low-end...that is over at that place called bassplayer.com...whatever that is.

im friendly most of the time except for when im wrong and then i get mad. but, there is pizza in the fridge, so im not mad now.

17. thank you all very much for all the helpful tips and stuff. i think i will like it here. you all seem to be pretty nice and what not, with a few exceptions;). i tend to get along with guys really well, so if anyone ever wants to just talk about non-bass related things, let me know. i have AIM and MSN. bye! thanks a buch!:D

18. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i'm friendly when i'm in a good mood.

i'm in a good mood.

hi.

welcome to talkbass, you'll find all kinds here.

learn all you can about bongo basses.

if i were a girl i'd buy a daisy bass.

:)

people here don't know anything about non-bass related things.

19. I thought all bass players were friendly

20. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    p.s. am i the only one who noticed the signature??? hmmmm...... if there's any fun about to happen i hope i don't miss it this time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.