Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Frode Berg - a god among TBer's!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Dudes, just a quick shout out to Frode Berg, who I first discovered by following a thread some time back here on TB - anyhoo I just bought (yes, paid money for instead of downloading) his album <b>Dig It!</b> and boy can our man play, on both 6 string electric and upright - huge respect Frode you have some MASSIVE chops on both instruments - the electric solos actually make Patitucci sound a little rusty (and I dig JP believe me) and the 7/8 take on Giant Steps is killer.

<b>People, buy this guy's album, it's really good!</b>

On a slightly different tip I have been working with Norwegian trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer and his website so I am very hip to Norway's excellent music scene - both jazz and pop - love the vibe dude - for God's sake keep it up - you're extremely talented.

See www.nilspettermolvaer.com - his new website.

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I noticed that Frode's album got a good review in this month's issue of 'Jazzwise'! I was down in London today and noticed a copy of the album for sale in Ray's Jazz as well!

3. Yeah - I might be biased - because I write for Jazzwise too! I'm the gig guide editor (yes, it's me) - but I do put my money where my mouth is - I bought my copy from HMV - as I'm always on the look out for some new bass related CDs - it's a cracking CD.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Yeah, he was jammin'! I enjoyed "Giant Steps".

5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Two thumbs up from me too! Frode is a badass :bassist: I really like his band on that album too!

6. frodebass

frodebass

Apr 11, 2004
    Norway
    Whoa!

I'm blushing here guys!

Thanks for all the great words!
    I just did a few nights at Ronnie Scott in London, even did an informal duo gig with Roy Powell at Ray's jazz. Totally acoustic fighting with the sounds of the capuccino machine.....hehe....

Anyway, thanks again!!! Really encouraging to read such nice comments!

By the way, I uploaded a new tune to my website.
    It's called "The granny awards" (yeah, lame title) and it's an electric fretless bass feature.
    Check it out, and let me know if you hate it, like it, or simply don't care....:)

Thanks again,

Frode
    www.frodeberg.com

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Hey, I've heard it(The Grammy Awards) and its a real treat! Frode is the real deal, fellas!

8. frodebass

frodebass

Apr 11, 2004
    Norway
    Hey, it's graNNy awards.....

:hyper:

Hehe

9. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Whoops! (Foreshadowing, maybe?):D