1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1995 Alembic Epic 6 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by galacticpastry, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alembic Epic 6 String
    Very little playing wear (barely noticeable belt scratches, small dents on back of headstock from leaning against a wall, small nick by input)
    Hardshell case included
    $2000 shipped CONUS (or best offer) **lowered**
    I will consider trade + cash for a nice passive p-bass or stingray (of lesser value). Bonus if it's in a weird color!

Pic Album
    Epic Spec sheet

It was Alembic's "budget model", if you will (being Alembic, the budget model starts around $5000). It was still built in the Alembic workshop by Alembic workers, but with fewer bells and whistles. The current blue book value is slightly above $4000 for my model.

As for the personal history of this bass, I bought it in Canada around 2002/2003. I used it for a little while, but when I went to college I didn't take it with me. Now I rarely ever play it, in favor of my Warwick Corvette Proline 4 string.

2. austentaciousC

austentaciousC

Mar 17, 2010
    do you have any history on this bass? Ive never seen an alembic like this.

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Used Alembic prices have been going up, in response the price increases of the new stuff. Two years ago you could find a decent 4 string Epic for $1200, no problem. Yours is in really good shape, and 6 string Epics are not very common. If you found the right buyer, you may not be too far off in price. It's a hard thing to judge, how long can you wait?

BTW, nice bass, and good luck with the sale.

JBY

4. raferalston

raferalston

Jan 26, 2011
    Yeah, no offense. I would love an epic...just thought I would give you a heads up. Great, great bass.

5. conttador

conttador

Jun 10, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Normally you can get an Alembic NT model for 2.5 k and up here. You may want to check Guitar Center, they get these from time to time. You can always check older posts to get a sense of the prices. Good luck either way these are tough economic times.

6. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    a very punchy bass! used to own of these puppies a few years back, and I sure miss it. it cuts through very nicely with guitar players, horn, drums etc. you'll b heard.
    good luck with sale.

7. Make me an offer!

8. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    i might be able to make a cash offer in about a week. hopefully it will still be here.
    good luck to me :cool:
    rb

9. bumping for glory and honor

10. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    pm sent

11. bumping for justice

12. jleguy

jleguy Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006