1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Birdsong Cortobass 8C-124

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by opivy3056, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    Hey Fellas,

I got this bass back in July, and I really love the feel and looks but in as far as tone I'm really into my worn out crappy Am. Std Jazz bass. I also need to pay some college bills, so I cant really justify having such a beautiful bass hangin around that isn't getting enough short scale love!

It's the standard cortobass model with a 1 peice maple body, 2 pickup model, with chrome hardware and vintage tone control (Scott said the vintage t.c. was more roadworthy than the varitone). For those who arent familiar with Birdsong, the neck is an A shaped, 31.5'' scale, 24 fret neck. Plainly stated: it shreds.

It's in 9.5 out of 10 condition. Very minimal wear that even my girlfriend's 10.2 megapixel camera couldnt pick up. It's mostly just very tiny surface scratches on the back of the body that you can't even see unless you turn it at an angle and look into the light. Sorry for huge pics.

DSC_0106.
    DSC_0110.
    DSC_0111.
    DSC_0112.

Come with OHSC, Papers, Everything.

$1295 shipped Con US. Paypal preffered.

I'm open to trades+cash. Just let me know what you have.

EDIT: just to clarify, i'm open to trades for basses, amps, cabs, effects, pickups, microphones, or preamps!

2. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    ???
    I thought A=1.5" nut width...:bag::confused:

3. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    That's correct. But the profile of the neck is much smaller then a 34'' scale as the frets get higher.

4. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Man I thought this would be gone by now. You don't see used Birdsong's very often and a maple body is rare. Bump for a hot bass.

5. swampyankee

swampyankee

Apr 4, 2009
    to opivy3056:
    i'm interested in maybe taking that maple birdsong off your hands-- perhaps thru a trade + cash ('93 jazz, MIM -- with custom bartolinis, a hipshot bridge (new), new DR flatwounds and just professionally set up.... if you're interested.) is your cortobass still available?
    swampyankee

6. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    i will ponder that p-bass offer.

not really lookin for a MIM jazz. my main bass right now is an 01' MIA jazz and it's a real workhorse. Jazz bass land is covereddd

bump in the meantime.

7. I have to think about it as well

8. Bump for a Birdsong...My Passion !!!:)

9. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    bump!

I gotta pay an 1800 dollar bill before next wednesday so I can register for classes! Ah! :help::help:

10. swampyankee

swampyankee

Apr 4, 2009
    to opivy3056 - on your birdsong ...
    if, by chance, the birdsong is still available weeks from now (doubtful?), i plan to be down your way in may, and would like to hear bass, if that's convenient, if you're amenable. (seriously considering a purchase of the smaller-scale instrument with the good rep.)
    cheers.
    swampyankee

11. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    i get back from college may 14th.

Just let me know when you're around!

12. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder/Owner: Wing Instruments
    PM Sent

13. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    got a case of the mondays? fix it with maple.

14. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Hmm,just did my taxes and getting a nice refund. Could be retail therapy time.

15. opivy3056

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    C'mon guys I know there's more trades+cash offers out there! try me

b'bump

16. :bawl: i want so much :bawl:

bump

17. mathman7

mathman7

Jan 18, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    PM sent.

18. swampyankee

swampyankee

Apr 4, 2009
    to be in annapolis area, opivy3056. mem. day weekend. i'll try to be in touch (and check to see if instrument still available).thanks for your msg.
    swampyankee

19. swampyankee

swampyankee

Apr 4, 2009
    PS to opivy3056:
    also have an SWR Workingman's 2x10, + GK 400RB head + never-used electro-harmonix bassballs pedal ... considering letting go.
    swampyankee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.