1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Carvin BB75 - Beautiful

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DerekMcC, Oct 3, 2013.

1. I am looking to sell my Bunny Brunel for $950.00 shipped in the continental U.S. via paypal. It is in excellent physical condition and everything works perfectly. I paid $1600 but understand the options I chose may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Trades are unlikely but you can ask (assuming what you are offering was at least $1500 out the door when new). In any case, I would lean heavily toward a passive.

It is for sale locally but I can pull that within a few minutes of any real interest here.

General Specs:
    34" scale
    alder body
    asymmetrical rear neck contour (neck is thinner on the treble side)
    ebony fingerboard with a 14" radius
    neck width = 1.75" wide @ nut, 3.0" wide @ 24th fret
    Hipshot™ A-style bridge with strings-though-body
    24 medium-jumbo frets, .103 wide X .048 tall
    J9A alnico single coil/HB2 humbucker pickup combination
    18V active/passive, volume, pickup blend, stacked concentric bass and high frequency, stacked concentric mid frequency and sweep
    dimensions = 45 3/8" long, 13 3/8" wide, 1 5/8" thick body

My additional specs:
    CLEAR SATIN MATT FINISH
    FIGURED CLARO WALNUT TOP
    5PC LAMINATED MAPLE AND WALNUT
    NECK NOT SHOWN ON TOP OF BODY
    FIGURED WALNUT HEADSTOCK
    ROSEWOOD FRETBOARD
    NO TOP INLAYS-SIDE DOTS ONLY
    STAINLESS STEEL FRETS
    REPLACE H50S WITH J99
    ONE COIL SPLITTING SWITCH
    GOLD PLATED HARDWARE
    GOLD PLATED Carvin LOGO
    HIPSHOT BASS DETUNER INSTALLED

2. Just a couple more:

3. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Is that Koa on alder with a rosewood fretboard?

4. I have updated the original post with specs.

5. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    I got a notification that you sent me a private message, but I didn't get it....

6. Not sure what this was, unless I hit a button by mistake.

7. I have been asked about changing my mind about this bass since I previously reviewed it. Here is the reason:

My mind was changed basically by my wife :rolleyes:. I just got a new Carvin PB5 and I am up to 4 basses (which is a lot since I consider myself a guitar player:bag: . . . but I do play bass in church). I am now going to sell 2 of them to clear out some space . . . and to keep everyone happy. 3 of them are Carvins and one is an ASAT.

I am selling the ASAT because it is my least favorite color (3 tone sunburst) and is active which I am trying to get away from. It is not yet listed since I don't have any pictures at this time.

I am selling the BB75 because, of my 2 active Carvins, it is the heaviest and I have a bad back. The one I am keeping is an AC40 which is very light.

I do not dislike this bass in any way. I just need to unload some gear (unless a must do trade is offered that I can sneak in the house;)) and this has ended up on the chopping block.

8. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    This is a wonderful bass. Good luck!

9. Monday Bump

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    This is by far the nicest looking Bunny Brunel I have ever seen.

11. Thanks, I appreciate that. I spent a lot of time working on the specs.

12. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Does she have oil, satin, or poly on the back of the neck? Body wood is alder?

13. Everything except the fretboard is satin.

The body wood is alder.

14. Wednesday Bump

15. Wow I wish my bb75 looked that exotic and beautiful and had those pickups!

16. Sunday Bump

17. Neuroman

Neuroman BHPD - Forget about me. Save yourselves!

Oct 17, 2013
    Sunol, CA
    I ordered and have been waiting for my BB75 fretless from Carvin. I have an XB75 (spalted maple top - BEAUTIFUL) which plays and sounds great. I am curious to hear the pros and cons of the BB75 in your view because it seems like there have been more of them than usual in the "guitars in stock" on the Carvin website. Your insight would be especially helpful to me because you have other Carvins to compare with.

I just realized today that I have 9 basses. They are spread around the house so as not to attract attention. Thank goodness I just sold my Fender Victor Bailey Jazz V - keeps me in single digits.

18. I'll try to get it out tonight and compare it to the others. I having only been playing my PB and SB since I got them and only played my AC40 for the year before that (plus a little time on the ASAT bass I recently sold).

Of course, if I start playing it again I may not want to sell it. Who knows.?!

19. I have two cons about my own bb75

Electronics have one basic very active tone. ... but it's an older model so fair enough. That's changeable anyhow. It tends to sound like the mid and presence controls are cranked on my amp.

Bb75 19mm string spacing is actually less comfortable up high for me than the 17 or 17.5 or whatever is on my ebmm 5 strings. I guess that makes sense but I'm surprised by that feeling because I specially was looking for 19mm spacing in a 5 as I loved it in my btb 5.

However I really need to modify my electronics so I'll find it more versatile and then I'll probably just have to get used to it.

20. I love the string spacing on mine and I find nothing wrong with the active. I just don't use it. When I was playing this as my main bass I virtually always used it in passive mode. I recently bought a Carvin PB5 and I specified it to be passive only.