1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT Peavy Cirrus 6 string Redwood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassplaynmatt, Jan 25, 2012.

1. This bass has been a back up bass for me for a few years now and has been great, but I just got a new Brubaker 6 and I haven't been playing this at all.

It plays great with fairly low action and has the mid sweepable preamp. Good balance and overall an easy bass to play. It has the redwood top with the high gloss finish and a really distinct clear grain pattern. It often gets mistaken for a much more expensive bass: )

As far as any damage there are 3 dings along the bottom edge that I tried to take pictures of. Other than those it has some typical light swirl marks in the gloss but no major scratches. I used this bass on maybe 20 gigs a year for the past 3 or 4 years so it has done a little giging but it's not road worn by any means.

Includes the original hardshell case.

TRADED!

As far as trades I'm wanting a 70's style Jazzish 5 string bass ie Lakland, Sadowsky, ect.. or possibly a marcus miller V + or - cash where appropriate. I would also consider an actual 70's Jazz bass if it's a player and not a collection piece (would be a nice sister for my 75 Pbass)

Please feel free to ask any and all questions and thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. More pics

Attached Files:

3. pics of the dings

Attached Files:

4. The case is a little worn but still 100% functional

Attached Files:

5. And 2 more for good measure: )
    P.S. I bought this from another TBer so lets keep it in the family!

Attached Files:

6. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Gorgeous! If I didn't already have a Corrus TigerEye sixer, I'd be all over it!

7. Yeah, I think people underestimate just how nice of a job Peavy did on these basses. Thanks for the compliment.

8. DuhBassMan

DuhBassMan

May 13, 2010
    Albany
    I sold my Peavey Cirrus 5 to my brother as i also have a Custom Brubaker KSB 6 er that is to die for....send me a pic of ya brubaker...i will send you a pic of mine...just curious is all.....

sdixon@albany.edu

Steve

9. Here's my reason for not having played this bass in a while:hyper:

Attached Files:

10. That's a good reason!! :D

Seems that many a bass get neglected after one acquires a custom KXB. I too know this from personal experience. GLWTS

11. So I took the bass on a gig tonight and it is still in top working order! the neck feels great and it has a big warm sound with a slight modern edge to it when set flat.

12. Slappdabass

Slappdabass

Jun 26, 2010
    God i hope you have this in about a month lol

13. I hope I don't;)
    However, I'm not in a hurry to sell so if no one comes along it will be waiting here for you.

14. Slappdabass

Slappdabass

Jun 26, 2010
    :D haha I hope so

15. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    What's the bridge spacing? Thanks!

16. Just measured it. Looks like 3.375 inches from B to C which works out to a little over 17mm. My Alembic Elan plus 6 had a smaller spacing and my Brubaker has a slightly wider one. Overall, its a comfortable bass to play and still has enough space for clear slapping technique.

17. Here's proof that it looks good at a gig even if I don't;)

Attached Files:

18. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Bump for ya buddy!

19. Thanks Fred!
    We need to hang and nerd out about gear again!

20. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

May 9, 2011
    Los Angeles, Ca
    What's the scale length on this?