1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS interesting Samick 5 string fretless ABG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by no_fret, Mar 22, 2009.

1. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have an interesting 5 string Samick fretless acoustic bass guitar for sale. It is an artist series model HFB5.690RB, curly maple top, bottom and sides, and an unlined neck. I've added a hipshot de-tuner and upgraded the on board preamp to a Fishman Prefix, which includes an internal mic with blend and a sweepable notch filter, among other goodies. The strings are nylon core Thomastik ABG strings which sound great and are pliable enough to allow standard or high C tuning (my choice). It comes with a nice padded and lined USA CASE gig bag.

This bass is in great shape and probably worth a lot more, but I'll take $500.00 for it - Paypal, cashier's check or money order. You pay shipping.

Attached Files:

violao likes this.
  2. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here are two more pictures of the bass.
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

violao likes this.
  3. climb

climb

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Is that 34" scale?

4. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    yup.

5. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here's a little bump for this bass. Although I'm selling this because I need some cash, I'd also be interested in a trade of some sort - either one of those new small, lightweight heads (MarkBass F1?) or perhaps a 5 string J style bass.
    Thanks for reading,

6. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Bump for a very cool looking bass. Have you tried it with a low B instead of a high C? Can the nut handle the string width of a low B if you haven't? Could you describe the acoustic (unplugged) volume a bit? Thanks, DM

7. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It was made for a low B string and the strings on it now have a low B, they are just pliable enough to be tuned up. The Thomastik ABG strings are great.

I haven't owned any other ABGs to use as comparison for the acoustic volume, but it seems pretty decent to me. You can certainly practice unplugged. Maybe the fact that it is an arch top helps.

Thanks for your questions.

8. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Awesome axe my friend!

9. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    You wouldn't have to tell me. I have seen and played a few Samick instruments (notably an arch-top guitar) and I think they're great value for the money.

It wouldn't surprise me to discover this was a really great buy.

10. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    quick, no one's looking ........... bump

11. ccbass71

ccbass71 Supporting Member

She's a beauty!!

12. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks

13. dave2

dave2

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    Man I love that bass. The wood is incredible! I wish I could hear it and play it - I've not played any acoustic bass guitars. Maybe I'm a fool ...lol.....but I want to buy it without playing it :D :D :D Is it still available?

Dave

14. redwookie

redwookie Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Chicago
    Good question. Still available?

15. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    Is this bass still available? How does the neck compare to a P vs. J neck? Any links to recordings made with this bass?

16. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, the bass is still available. I'm not sure how to compare it to a P or J bass. The neck is a 34" scale and fairly narrow. It's really easy to play. I'm sorry, there are no recordings on line made with this bass.
    Thanks for your interest!

17. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass

May 10, 2006
    I'm looking for wide string spacing alkin to my 4-string Fender Aerodyne Jazz bass. My 5-string Steinberger fretless has narrow spacing and it's slightly harder for me to play. Narrow is OK w/small hands or picking.

18. Hi, I already have a black, fretted 5 string Samick f-hole bass (which I LOVE) and I'm interested in your fretless 5 string AND to talk to you about that Fishman set-up. My Dad lives in Indy, so maybe I could pick it up. Also, I have several other bass items (Fender, Spector, Ampeg & Trace-Elliot, etc.) that we could discuss trade possibilities? Thanks, Steve

19. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Is the fishman pre a TRS output w/ seprate leads for the mic and the piezo?

20. no_fret

no_fret

Sep 17, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for your response.
    No, there are not separate leads for the mic and piezo.