1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS - MTD 535-24

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Saluki, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    OK guys. It pains me to do this, but in this economy and with a custom in production something needs to move. This is truthfully the best bass I have ever owned. It is flawless construction and completely awesome. MTD 535-24 with ash body, walnut top, maple board and maple neck. Matching headstock and heel plate (I'll try to get pics of those soon). This bass is in mint condition and is almost like new and comes with the certificate and MTD semi-hard case.

I am not in a hurry to move this so the conditions are firm. Low ball offers will be ingnored. The price is $2800 firm by paypal echeck only. I will split shipping to exact location (US only). I love this bass so much I would ask the TBer that gets it to offer me right of first refusal should they decide to flip it our sell it at a later date.

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Ouch....I really want this bass. :(

3. lvsjr

lvsjr Guest

Aug 19, 2006
    Whats the serial#?

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    SOOO many awesome MTD's up for sale lately! I want them all! :bawl::bawl::bawl:

Good luck man! That is some ax!

5. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Me too.

6. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Serial is... Umm.. I am at work and forgot. I'll check and get back. Think it is 1300 and some change, but it is minty and I am very critical rater. This is really like getting a new bass guys.

7. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Folks, I have played this bass, and it is definitely an exemplary MTD. It's got some really rich and meaty tones built into the MTD big and wide sound. It gave my latest 535 a serious run for its money... in fact, I'd rank it right up with it, and that bass is among the very best MTDs I've ever heard/played, let alone been lucky enough to own.

I can absolutely guarantee this bass is worth every stinkin' penny of $2800... and then some. Seriously. In fact, I've tried to talk Cory into just sitting on it for a while, 'cause I know he's gonna' miss this one, but the sitch is the sitch, and you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway, if you're looking for a particularly rich and full sounding 535, this IS your man, and with Cory, buy with absolute confidence.

All my best to the VERY lucky new owner... whomever that might be. It's hard to say with the economy the way it is, but I would not be surprised if this bass went pretty darn fast.

8. RockBoxBass

RockBoxBass Supporting Member

bump for my bud..

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Can I see more detailed pics of the bass? I'm thinking I might sell my mahogany 635 to buy this bass.

10. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Working on it.... I'm offering do them for him if he can get it to my house, otherwise, he might be able to do it too.

11. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Gah! Six MTDs, and one more on order, and I am really having to hold myself back, here! :help:

Awesome bass and an awesome seller! :cool:

12. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    WOW!!!! Weight??

13. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    I seem to recall this one as being around 9.5, but Cory might remember for sure, or otherwise, if he has me photo it, I can weigh it again.

14. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    :eek::eek:

15. ironjensi

ironjensi

Sep 30, 2008
    Germany
    pm sent. :D

16. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Bigger pics, but my camera is not that great. I'll work on better pics in the near future.

17. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    Forgot to mention that I make partial trade allowance for Aguilar DB112 cabs or a Roscoe SKB3005 (Nordstrand DC's preferred). No LGs, I am a big guy and need a more substantial bass.

18. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    I will consider newer skjold fivers and cash as well.

19. Saluki

Saluki Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Springfield, IL
    Bass Gear Magazine
    TTT

20. Another bump from a guy who recently purchased an ash/walnut 535 (albeit with a mere 21 frets). :)

Best of luck with the sale, and from what I've seen of the market, this is a very fair price. Over the past couple of years I've heard that ash/walnut is Mr. Tobias' favorite combo, and I have to agree...the sound of my instrument is even more amazing than the beautiful aesthetic of that contrasting walnut & maple. Lucky is the cat who buys this bass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.