1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS only: Agile Prestige Z 6 w/upgrades!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stix_clgi, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stix_clgi

stix_clgi Supporting Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Hey TB!!

I just bought a Spector 6, and have my eyes on another 6er for sale here, so I'm offering this one up. It's a semi-custom Prestige Z 6 purchased here from T.B. Player almost a year ago. I've made a few upgrades to it, but I've priced it to go.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-brice-agile-6-string-prestige-z-custom-color-fretboard-34-scale-656199/

All black, including the back of the neck (custom color, custom option)
    Maple Neck w/maple fretboard (custom option)
    34" scale (custom option)
    19mm string spacing
    Set for really low action, lower than most, I'm sure you'll adjust it to your liking (simple truss rod turn should be fine honestly)
    Strung with Dean Markley SR2000's. They've been on there for a few months, they're not new.

UPGRADES:
    I had two Bartolini XXMM56 soapbars installed, along with a 9v Aguilar OBP-3 w/custom wiring:
    Master Vol push/pull for preamp bypass
    Blend
    Mid push/pull for mid freq. select
    Passive AND Active Tone control (works in both modes)
    Stacked Bass/Treble control
    I will include the original pickups and 2-band active/passive pre with this sale.

I'm only offering up this bass because I see something else I want, it's an awesome bass, especially with the upgrades which really opened up the tonal options.
    FULL DISCLOSURE:
    There are some scratches on the back towards the bottom of the bass (I'll post a pic tonight after work). Tried to interest the local kids in playing music, kid decided to set bass down softly....concrete isn't soft though:crying: You can't see them from the front, and they're hard to photograph, but I don't want to give anyone a surprise.

brice2.
    By stix2002 at 2012-01-11
    img00098c.
    By stix2002 at 2012-01-11

I paid $400 for it, T.B. paid $700+, with the scratches and upgrades, I'll let it go for $500 +shipping to lower 48
    Pretty firm on the price since I'm looking to buy something here. No international shipping.

Thanks for looking, God bless!!!

2. bassicbazzster

bassicbazzster Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Hello very interested in the bass . Does it come with any kind of case? Bassic:hyper:

3. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Yes sir, it comes with a TKL gig bag, used but in great condition.

4. torres_bass

torres_bass

Sep 23, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    any pics with the upgrades?

5. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    I will post the updated pics tonight when I get home

6. bassicbazzster

Sep 9, 2009
    Hello again the scratches on the bottom are they real bad? Thanks Bassic:hyper:

7. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    I'll let you judge for yourself, I don't think so personally, I mean you can't see them until you look at the bottom edge of the bass, which you can't see unless you pick it up and turn it over. I guess it's an out of sight out of mind thing for me, but if the flash doesn't make the scratches disappear, you'll be able to see them yourself.

8. bassicbazzster

Sep 9, 2009
    Thanks again! I'm very interested pending those pix, been waiting on this one for a while! What time will You post them? Bassic:hyper:

9. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    No prob....I'm going to try to get them up as soon as I get home, around 5:30 or so. If not, it'll be this evening like 9pm

10. bassicbazzster

Sep 9, 2009
    Thanks again! Waiting on You! Bassic:hyper:

11. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    NP, I'll have the pics up as soon as possible!

12. bassicbazzster

Sep 9, 2009
    Can You also see how much shipping is to Ms(39180)? Thanks Bassic:hyper:

13. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Okay, sorry I took so long guys...here are some pics. Sorry I don't have a proper camera, and the lighting is bad, but I did the best i could

Scratches on the back:

Extra controls (stacked bass/treble:

Bartolini Pickups:

Also, I will clean the bass up before I send it, so don't let the fingerprints scare you lol!

14. bassicbazzster

Sep 9, 2009
    Evening! I can't tell if the scratches all the way through! And is there any wiggle room at all in Your offer? Still very interested!!! Bassic:hyper:

15. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Hello there!! The scratches definitely are not all the way through... the bass barely touched the ground before I snatched it up from the kid who was setting it down. You can barely feel them if you rub your fingers over them.

I'm pretty solid on the price since I'm trying to grab something else here, but PM me what you have in mind, maybe we can work something out. Thanks for the interest

16. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Sold, pending payment......

17. stix_clgi

Mar 4, 2008
    Accokeek, MD
    Aaaannnddd SOLD! That's all folks, this one's closed, thanks Bassic!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.