1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: Warwick Fortress Masterman 5 Wenge Neck!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rogerbmiller, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    I am selling my Warwick Fortress 5 string Masterman bass. This is a 1995 with an all wenge neck.

For those of you not familiar with these discontinued beauties, these basses were Warwick's take on the Stingray. A similarly situated humbucker near the bridge position but with a little extra something.

The pickup is controllable via stacked volume/blend knobs (blend to pan between the coils) and each coil has a separate preamp with 2 band eq! This has so much tone and so many variations it is mind boggling.

Hardware is gold and this features the older brass Just-A-Nut adjustable nut. Jumbo bell brass frets. Made in West Germany. Old school Warwick cool...

Bass is in great overall condition. Just a couple of slight consmetic issues. The only noticeable bump is near the jack as pictured. There are a slight few other tiny little pencil dot sized compression dings here and there. I tried to capture all and some wouldn't photo so in all nothing serious at all but I tried to cature every little detail. The finish is in great condition with no surface scratching on the back or top. Some slight wear on the brass hardware. Again, overall great condition.

Breaks my heart to let this one go especially because I searched so long for her but alas I cannot fall in love with the Warwick 5 string necks, this being the third I have owned. I am goign to try a broad neck and if that doesn't work I am sticking exclusively to Warwick 4's.

As for price I am asking $950 shipped in a gig bag or if you would like a beaten but well-functioning hard case to anywhere in the conus. Not terribly interested in trades for now unless you have an offer I can't refuse value wise but you never know so hit me up and we will see. I could always use another Kubicki ex-Factor for example...

International TB-ers who may be interested please first contact me via PM to see if a sale is feasilbe and on what terms.

Pics below. Thanks for looking and PM if you are interested.

Thanks!

Picture034.
    Picture035.
    Picture036.
    Picture037.
    Picture038.
    Picture039.
    Picture040.
    Picture041.
    Picture042.
    Picture043.
    Picture044.
    Picture045.
    Picture046.
    Picture047.
    Picture048.
    Picture049.
    Picture050.
    Picture051.
    Picture052.
    Picture053.
    Picture054.
    Picture055.

2. man, these things are so pimp, i'm really reconsidering owning more than 1, lol.

3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Used to have an amber one of these from 95... SWEET BASS! The string tension and spacing made it such a great player. The tone cuts through awesome, had a great woody tone. These are great basses, made when Warwick was at the tip top of its game. Whoever buys this will enjoy it a lot.

4. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Any chance you have a broadneck 5 you wanna trade?

5. i sure don't. as a matter of fact, i haven't even played a broadneck warwick yet...maybe it's time to find one. :help: :p

6. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

7. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

8. must resist!!! :crying:

however, if my power amp sells, i'm on it like flies on poo.

9. crustychef

crustychef

Apr 4, 2009
    Seattle WA
    Bump for a bad a$$ bass! I'd be all over it if hadn't just bought a thumb and a streamer in the same week.

10. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Now that is my kind of week!

11. RonnyBaby

RonnyBaby Guest

May 18, 2008
    Hey... I'm interested... but is this going to need a fret job?

12. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Nope. Frets are in great shape.

13. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Got your PM. Sent you one back.

14. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    BUMP

15. someone really should pick this thing up! if i hadn't gotten distracted, i'd have bought it to accompany another masterman 5! :bassist:

16. nobes

nobes

Feb 14, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    What is the neck profile like on these? Thumb "2x4" like or a little slimmer like a dolphin?

17. i haven't played a dolphin yet, but my masterman 5 has a similar neck profile to the thumb 5 that i recently sold.

btw, i like the thick profile of warwick necks...idk why ppl exaggerate about them specifically...i used to like the sterling profile, but after playing a stingray, i found the sterling to be cramped and uncomfortable.

18. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    To the top. And not sur eif I mentioned but I am shipping this in your choice of a gig bag or a hard case (which is a little beaten but VERY functional).

Thanks.

RBM

19. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    TTT

20. rogerbmiller

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Bump for being surprised this has not sold yet. Took me forever and a day to find this bass.

How about some offers. Trade or trade combos? I would love another Masterman 4 string or a broadneck warwick 5...

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.