1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Full Circle Distortion

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by 61pollmann, Aug 7, 2012.

1. 61pollmann

61pollmann

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I've been using the Full Circle on my Pollmann for several years now, and have been very happy with it. Lately, I've been hearing some distortion. I thought it might be my amp(Acoustic Image), but I plugged my Modulus into the amp and heard no distortion. Do piezo elements change with age? If this is the case, maybe it's time for a new one. Thanks in advance for any info.

George

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    It could be the FC, but it could also be the cable. I once had one seeming to distort and it turned out to be the cable rattling in the connection in the after length of the strings on certain pitches only. I swapped out the cable for one that fit better, and the sound went away.

3. There has been a report lately that the Full Circle has a limited life like the Realist due to the heavy pressure load. Search in the archives.

But I would first check any other thing because you cannot repair the Full Circle yourself if a crystal is damaged. (You may be able to fix the cable if it is broken.)

4. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    When mine failed the symptoms were loss of signal level and timbre--plus an increased tendency to feed back. If your Full Circle has a set screw locking the top and bottom of the adjuster together, then it might be fixable by Fishman. If it's the older version that's glued together, then a broken one needs to be replaced.