1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fulltone Bassdrive Bass Drive sample

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dragonlord, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    OK, there is a thread these days where someone is wondering how subtle the Bassdrive is, so I sat down and made this sample. I'm starting a new thread since it makes it easier to appear in future searches for others who might have the same question.

Sample goes this way: First of all, it's all in FM mode (Flat Mids). AFAIK, most TBers use it on this mode, as it retains the mids and helps you cut through. I start on the first channel, Tone at 10, Overdrive 0. Then I increase Overdrive by 1/4. Short pause, then I introduce the second channel (Boost). Overdrive stays at 10, and Boost goes from 0 to 10 with 1/4 increases. Then I do it all over, with Tone at 0.
    So, we've got:

Channel 1
    T 10, OD 0
    T 10, OD 2.5
    T 10, OD 5
    T 10, OD 7.5
    T 10, OD 10
    Channel 2
    T 10, OD 10, B 0
    T 10, OD 10, B 2.5
    T 10, OD 10, B 5
    T 10, OD 10, B 7.5
    T 10, OD 10, B 10
    Channel 1
    T 0, OD 0
    T 0, OD 2.5
    T 0, OD 5
    T 0, OD 7.5
    T 0, OD 10
    Channel 2
    T 0, OD 10, B 0
    T 0, OD 10, B 2.5
    T 0, OD 10, B 5
    T 0, OD 10, B 7.5
    T 0, OD 10, B 10

Keep in mind that the effect depends very much on the output of your bass. If you've got a quiet bass, it might be more subtle, with a hot signal it will probably get fuzzier. Hope this helps!

Click here to watch Fulltone-Bass-Drive-FM

2. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    BTW, it's not the new MOSFET version, it's the one before that. IIRC it was made on March 2006. Edit: just checked, it was made on June 06. The mosfet version is supposed to be a little warmer, but no extreme differences. I have not tried one though, so take this with a grain of salt.

3. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Thanks for posting this!
    I really want to hear it, but on my Mac it says "playlist format not recognized." Can you post links to the mp3 files themselves?

Thanks again!

4. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    PM me your email and I'll send it to you!

5. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Very cool. :)

6. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Thanks Dragonlord. Sounds great, was that your Dingwall?

7. Dragonlord

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Yes :D
    It's still with Barts, which I honestly dislike, will be replaced by Dingwall FD-3s sometime soon. It also has a bart preamp, but I had it on passive and run it through a DB-924 - so what you're hearing is the dingwall with barts and an aguilar obp-1 preamp, through a cheapo Tapco mixer into an EMU 0404 soundcard. But it will sound much better IMO with FD-3 (I've A/Bed dingwalls with barts, fd-3s and villex pickups and thought that the barts were clearly a level below - muffled, muddy and with not much hi-mids - highs).

8. fearlessdane

fearlessdane

Aug 29, 2005
    Portland, OR. Los Angeles, CA.
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg, Fender, Ernie Ball
    I was actually wondering if there was a difference between the new MOSFET Bass Drive and the older model Bass Drive. Anyone have a clue?

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021