Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fully custom P-Bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by remo, Dec 29, 2005.

1. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    I like how he made everything DELIBERATELY look rusty and chipped by means of a "special proscess". :p

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Looks like a Squier to me.

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Here's my translation.....

I take a no name bass and strip the neck and body. I do a crappy refin on the body with a paint brush...to give it that 'just paintbrushed' look. The bass plays like crap so I use it as a door stop on my shed out back. After several rainfalls the tuning keys start to rust. Oh well I am broke so why not pawn it off as some special project bass under the guise that I am hard up for cash which I need to go and help the underpriveledged. Got to admit, he has an imagination.
    Whoever falls for that story gets what he deserves.

4. actually...it doesn't look TOO bad, but WHAT THE HELL HAS HE DONE TO THE HEADSTOCK??? - what he's done to it LOOKS quite neat but WHY?!

He's asking a rediculous price for it if you ask me - £50 and i'd perhaps be tempted, he's not put any paint on it...look - isn't that bare wood?? - ...or did he cover it with that stuff you put on your floorboards to make them look like brand new maple (you know the stuff...you comb on an undercoat then put the colour on top)

5. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I don't think it looks bad at all. Not that I would buy it, but aesthetically, I think it's pretty decent.

6. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    This is a fraud. No a fender neck.

7. bob04

bob04

Aug 5, 2005
    Stourbridge, U.K.
    it aint that bad, but by saying its unique, its the kind of unique that nobody would want, like a massive chip in the paintwork or summot

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Lol at the headstock.

9. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    A few numbered points...
    1.Those tuners, are just squire tuners with the covers removed.

2. The headstock looks like a reshaped squire, as does the mismatch body woods. Though the grain is pretty good for squire.

3. WHen my squire was old and crappy(it was always crappy, it just got old) it had "special rusted screws" also.

4. I am really curious as to the "special paste" was it wood filler paste, or tooth paste?

Man, people will try anything to make a dishonest buck. I suppose it would be asking too much for someone to admit that they had a nicely stripped and shaped squire for sale.

10. what the hell!?!?! haha
    i love a nice p bass, that guy did a great job ruining that bass
    i really hope someone buys it for some rediculous price.

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

They can have him but, does India or any (other self-respecting country for that matter) want this guy doing any kind of work there?

12. also its been 'specially aged' so only has 3 strings.... normally have to pay extra for that lol

13. RLT

RLT

Jul 10, 2004
    South Central OH
    Almost as bad as the guy who was selling SX's with just the decals sanded off as custom basses. He even gave a looong pirch on how long the neck and body took to whittle out.

14. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    oooooooo... I'm so tempted.. :D :D

15. I wonder how much this "fine lookin' bass" will go for?

16. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Man...someone got bored.

17. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    It's scary that I'm not even surprised. Hooray for Australia.

18. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I think it looks pretty good.
    Why do you guys always looks at the negative aspects of it first?
    I like the look of the headstock. I think it looks like an all around good bass.
    I wouldn't buy it, but it's not too bad.

Aside from the hackjob he did filling the frets with his "white paste"

Mark

19. remo

remo

Jan 15, 2005
    its all well and good modding a p-bass, whatever floats your boat 'ya know... but trying to sell it on on da 'Bay and expecting $750 + is a bit of a joke IMO... his sales pitch is worth the price of admission anyway lolz