Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

(Fully Working) Tracktion for free?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by All_¥our_Bass, Feb 7, 2005.

1. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I have the this on my computer, however it won't let me export my stuff to .wav files because it is unregistered (registration also costs some money, which I don't have) and there are no cracks/patches for v1.6 that would allow me to get around this.
    Is there a place (or person?) that would be able to get me a fully working verison of this wonderful software without having to pay for it? It's a really good program, but I need to make files that are playable by most computers w/o having to have Tracktion installed on them.

So? Any sugguestions?

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I hope you're not using Talkbass to try and procure illegal pirate software? As the moderator of this forum, I don't condone it.

What's the old saying - "You pay peanuts, you get monkeys".

3. I'm not sure what your looking for, but if your looking for something free, there is software available for linux, Ardour+Jack, that allow multitracking on the GNU/Linux platform. That coupled with Audacity and some free plugins, and i've got a decent setup running on my linux box and I don't have to run any bootleg software at all or go out and buy 600 dollar audio programs. The downside is that you get what you pay for sometimes, and some of the features are a bit rough around the edges, but sure beats running windows, and I don't feel like a scumbag for stealing software to run on my computer. Piracy is theft, no matter what the arguments about how overinflated the pricing is on commercial software. Anyways, good luck. Also, there is a version of audacity that runs on windows, try http://audacity.sourceforge.net

4. Just FYI, you can buy tracktion online for only $80 from the mackie website, which is pretty cheap for that kind of software. (ok, it includes far fewer plugins than cubase, but the interface is top notch and it's a lot cheaper)

EDIT: And getting that + the future upgrade to Tracktion 2 will probably be cheaper than buying T2 directly

5. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I'll try that out and see if it owrks for me. What format can it import/export

6. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I registered my copy for free...
    It was the Bass Player & Mackie special offer for you guys that are going on about piracy. It's totally legit.

I filled out all of the registration forms on the Mackie website and they sent me the registration code. You can get up to 3 codes per Tracktion Download.

Cool program.

7. This promotion ended at the end of december... too bad the magazine i got in which it was offered was the january edition... :rolleyes:

8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

This is free and works great for importing wave files. I know it supports VST pluggins but it doesn't support midi.
    If you don't need any more than 16 tracks it may be worth it to check it out.

9. Hence my comment Rob. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am however glad he likes Tracktion.

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Will there be a demo version for traktion2?

11. I can ask. I'll get back to you.

Ron

12. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I see the demo for v1.

I'm interested, some of the save/archive and sampler features seem like they could really streamline my process.

Also, I would need to see how it works with Emulator X (can be a vst instrument).

13. odie

odie Supporting Member

yes it was offered but prior to it the cost was $80 and now the cost is again $80.

14. WAV, aiff i think, and with the lame library downloaded, mp3's as well. it will do multitrack if you've got multichannel hardware, and it can accept vst plugins on windows, either free or purchased. It's free software, but it's coming along.

Also my url was wrong, it's
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net, they've got binaries for you windows and mac folks, and you just have to download the lame mp3 encoder to get mp3 export functionality. I've been using this program to edit long audio sessions recorded with a portable minidisc recorder, and it works fine, the plugins are ok, but it's free :)

15. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I tried downloading and unzipping that, but it always gives winzip an error, i tried re-downloading it but it does no good.
    Anyone know how the hell you open the file(s)?

16. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I got the program to work and dowloaded teh mp3 encoder thing (it's named like lamemp3.torrent) but it says it's looking for a .dll file. Where do I get this?