Fuzz addict club! If you don't like it fuzz off!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassmusic17, Sep 1, 2014.

1. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Do you love fuzz? Do you have 2 or more fuzz pedals on your board? Welcome to the the fuzz addict club!

If you are like me you want to try every fuzz in the world just because. Welp fuzz heads welcome and let's talk all things fuzz! Pics are appreciated. Numbers will be given. Let's fuzz it up!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    If you move membership to 2 or more fuzzes on a board? You'll have a lot more takers. Many guys will own more fuzz pedals but only load one or two on their board at a time.
    I'm currently loaded with two fuzz pedals and an Overdrive, MXR Overdrive, MXR El Grande and my new Swollen Pickle. Which is awesome, I can't rave about this pedal enough! It goes from very very light and subtle to completely blistering gnarly apocalypse fuzz. The controls are really nice and smooth too ans a joy to use, they have a real quality to them. The scoop and filter tone controls really add a lot to its versatility. It's a big pedal though...totally dwarfs my MXR pedals in every dimension and tone :D

14929220899_b15d92464f_b.jpg

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I dont have all of them on my board but I do have 2 on my board. I own an earthbound supercollider, a wren and cuff pickle pie b, a green russian big muff (bubble font), a wren and cuff tallfont russian, a blackout musket, and a rat clone made by me with a switch for different clipping diodes/leds/ germanium diodes and upgraded caps so it doesnt lose low end. It also has a blend. So count me in the club...

4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    My current fuzz collection includes:

- Sola sound professional MK-2 tone bender (the green monster)
    - Keeley Fuzz head
    - Darkglass Duality
    - Analogman Dark Peppermint fuzz
    - WayHuge swollen pickle

I love me some fuzz - count me in

Darkglass and bassmusic17 like this.
  5. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Alright fellas I edited it to two. I guess I am a weirdo with 4 fuzzes on my board and will soon have a 5th. ;)

My fuzzes include:

Grey Stache

The Great Destroyer

Malekko Diabolik

MXR Blue Box

Will soon have a Swollen Pickle or a Pharoah fuzz. I haven't made up my mind yet.

6. By the way I own the MXR BFD and the EHX BBM.

expatmuso likes this.
  7. I have a Megalith clone and a Mastotron clone. Also an EBS multidrive.
    And.. a tuner. That's all my pedalboard.

zapped777 and bassmusic17 like this.
  8. I'm down to one on my board an one on the shelf at the moment (devi ever Year of the Rat & Don't Fear the Noise, respectively), but I had three on at one point. I'll be up to two once my VFE Woodchipper arrives. If I could afford it and had the space, I'd likely have 4 or 5 on there.

9. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    bassmusic17 #1
    GMC #2
    spaz21387 #3
    Mosfed #4

Welcome to all things fuzz!

10. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Here's a shot of my board with my current fuzzes. Ya know for proof. ImageUploadedByTalkBass1409670686.843948.jpg

11. Does that Keeley Fuzz Head work good on bass?

12. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'll join in!

VFE Wood Chipper
    Prunes and Custard
    I use fuzz on my 60b at times as well
    And on my SA OFD

:)

13. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    One of my favorite boards on Talkbass

gregmon79 likes this.
  14. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    SA OFD, TAFM, GS...

but, that is all about to change. A VFE woodchipper will be ordered as soon as it comes out, I also want to trade the GS for a different fuzz.

And, everything will live on either the main board or the daughter board. Or in the rack.

And, btw, the OFD is feeling more and more like a true respectable Fuzz to me.

zapped777 and gregmon79 like this.
  15. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Thanks brotha! I'll update numbers later on.

16. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I love how the Fuzz Head works on bass - it has a significant amount of dynamics in the fuzz dial and doesn't seem to lose any bass. Both silicon and germanium modes work well for bass

To be honest though the Sola Sound Green monster Tone Bender MkII with 2 NOS Mullard 84d transistors is the real jewel in my collection. I didn't think I would ever spend that much on a new pedal but OMG is it worth it. Works great for bass and a Les Paul to it to a Marshall is as signature a guitar sound as I have ever heard.

17. MCS4

MCS4 Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Does it count if they're all the same? I have three Grey Staches so that I'll never ever be without one...

18. Awesome, thanks for the info. I play guitar also so the Fuzz Head was already on my hit list and now that I know it is bass friendly then it just went way up the list.
    Sadly I am down to one Fuzz as I just sold my Bluebeard so can't play in this reindeer game...yet. I want to go back to a regular old Green Russian clone or a W&C TFR. I do love my Idiotbox Ron FN Swanson Super Fuzz though.

HolmeBass likes this.
  19. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Don't really consider myself a fuzz addict, but I fear I have just started down the path of a mini fuzz quest ... I didn't get fuzzes at all but I'm beginning to change my mind; for some songs it is more right than overdrive.

I currently have a Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian and have ordered a COG Effects Grand Tarkin Bass Fuzz. And I guess you can say there is a fuzz in the Zoom MS-60B as well.

Knowing me it probably won't stop with those.

EDIT: It didn't, I think there's a fuzz or two in the SA Manta too.

EDIT 2: And I forgot about the fuzz in the Empress Multidrive.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  20. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    bassmusic17 #1
    GMC #2
    spaz21387 #3
    Mosfed #4
    gregmon #5

If anyone else wants a number just ask, I didn't want to start handing them out for every post in case some just want to talk about fuzz and not necessarily join the group. Which is totally cool with me!

gregmon79 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2021