G & K Neo Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by kwd, May 14, 2005.

1. kwd

Jun 26, 2003
    silicon valley
    Has anyone tried any of the new G&K Neo series cabs? I'm sure they won't measure up to any of the traditional favorites (Acme, Bergantino, EA,..), but I will probaby make my next purchase on trade/store credit at our local 'big hair' store -which doesn't deal exotic brands.
  2. mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I listened to one last week and tried picking it up... if I was gigging regularly witrh a BG I'd buy a couple just 'cause they're so darned light!
  3. I'm seriously considering picking up one of these cabs, so if anyone has any thoughts on it or can recommend a review, I'd also be grateful.
  4. kwd

Jun 26, 2003
    silicon valley
    I took a look at the cabinets yesterday. They have an impedance of 8 ohms. Based on that, I think product is better suited to high volume, high power handling situations. They're probably great for slabbers with back problems playing medium to large venues. Not my cup of tea.
  5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    39 pounds is light? How many flights of stairs you guys gotta climb? How many blocks to the nearest subway station?
  6. There are lot of heavier cabs out there! (And no subways where I live and play.) Anyone done any back-to-back taste tests with Neodymium speakers vs. more traditional (and heavier) ones? This may be an apples and oranges thing, but I'm thinking I should probably look into this more.