1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G&L ASAT Bass USA 1995

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chuck Meyer, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Chuck Meyer

Chuck Meyer Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Utah
    Sorry. Just posted this forum but couldn't add pictures so had to repost. I'm looking at a G&L ASAT Bass in my local classifieds. Made in 95, 3 Bolt neck. White finish. Was wondering if anyone knew what they were running. It seems like a nice bass but I'm not quite sure what they're worth so don't want to overpay. Pictures of the bass are here

Attached Files:

2. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Check ebay's completed listings.

3. Chuck Meyer

Mar 8, 2017
    Utah
    Well, I feel a little foolish for not trying this beforehand. But I appreciate the help! Thanks will do this from now on lol

4. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    Be prepared for the neck dive.
    The short upper horn causes it.

Chuck Meyer likes this.
  5. Chuck Meyer

Mar 8, 2017
    Utah
    So I've heard,
    So I've heard, will get the opportunity to put it in my hands today. I don't think it'll be a problem for me, but you never know.

6. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth

Jan 2, 2015
    heart of darkness
    Take a strap, so you can hang it on you & see how bad it is.

Chuck Meyer likes this.
  7. Chuck Meyer

Mar 8, 2017
    Utah
    Yea definitely. I appreciate the heads up, I know that the neck dive can be a huge make or break for some people on these basses.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  8. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship?

Sep 23, 2008
    I bought a '95 L-2000 for $355 once, but I was practically stealing from the pawn shop. The educated seller would likely ask approximately $600-800.

Chuck Meyer likes this.
  9. Chuck Meyer

Mar 8, 2017
    Utah
    I appreciate the insight. It was tough to nail down an exact price on these things! Barely see them and when you do they're usually a lot more recent. Thanks!

10. Chuck Meyer

Mar 8, 2017
    Utah
    Also crazy deal! I miss the good old days when you could actually get a deal off a pawn shop. Maybe it's just me but the ones around here are run like retail stores!

11. twinjet

twinjet What does God need with a starship?

Sep 23, 2008
    That '95 was haggled from $499. My best deal was my '89 L-2000 for $475, haggled from $750! It's my #1 after a year and a half. The line "well, it ain't a Fender" works wonders... ;)

pjbassist and Chuck Meyer like this.
  12. Chuck Meyer

Mar 8, 2017
    Utah
    Haha! I love it!

twinjet likes this.
  13. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I sold mine to a shop about 9 years ago for around $700. Paid $800 new in 97. It was a NOS at a local shop. Nice bass.

Yes, the short horn tends to dive, but I didn't have any issues with it and a nylon strap. Neck dive is over exaggerated.

Glazenn likes this.
  14. Glazenn

Glazenn

May 16, 2011
    France
    Not for me. I have one and a 3" wide suede strap and it does not dive.
    It was the same even with a semi-hollow ASAT I used to own.
    Basically, it's an L2000 with no upper horn (Telecaster shape), a slab body and a narrower neck (Jazz Bass type).
    @Chuck Meyer
    This one (2010): G&L ASAT Electric Bass Guitar Butterscotch Blonde Serial Number CLF59787 sold for $729.
    It's half of the average price advertised on Reverb, Gbase and ebay generally.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  15. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    How much are they asking for it ??