1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Galaxy AS-1100 4 band pack

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by DoubleD, Apr 1, 2011.

1. DoubleD

DoubleD

Jul 23, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I searched but couldn't find much information on the Galaxy in-ear monitor AS-1100s. Does anyone here have any experience with them? Galaxy AS-1100-4 (Back Pack (1 Tx, 4 Rx)) | Sweetwater.com

IEM's might be more than we need, but when we're looking at powered monitors for our stage, we easily get into the $500-$700 range. At that price, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to go IEM route.

Our budget is really as low as possible...The Shure PSM200 is what I'd like to do, but it looks to be out of our price range (4 receivers + transmitter would be over $1200). I ran accross this Galaxy and haven't really seen many people talking about them. From what I've read, they're pretty decent (for the price range). Looks like I can pick this up for about $850 new.

Will these cancel out most of the stage sound so we can save some of our hearing, or do we need new sound-cancelling ear buds? I don't know much about this. We would feed the transmitter what we have been using to feed our (borrowed) stage monitors - the aux out of the mixer.

Is there something else I should look at, and what all can you tell me about these galaxy's? Thanks!

2. My old singer was using the AS1100, his singing improved dramatically and immediately. Seemed to work well for him.

Randy

3. DoubleD

DoubleD

Jul 23, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks my friend. It's been reliable? Anyone else know much about them?

Also, is there a cheap earbud everyone recommends?

4. I have heard of IEMs having a 'sterile' quality. If you have any open channels on your mixer you might want to add an area mic or 2 to pick up some of the ambient room noise (put it in the monitor mix but not the FOH) so you don't feel quite so isolated.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021