Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gallery upload problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by jja412, Feb 24, 2005.

1. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Hi paul...

I pmed you earlier today about this issue. Photopost still won't upload my pics...

This error message is also present each attempt:

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): '/home/talkbass/web/photopost/uploads/38734/P3110002.JPG' is not a valid JPEG file in hometalkbasswebphotopostimage-inc.php on line 81

Is this just user error on my part?? Any way I can fix this?? :help:

2. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    tried again today as per your pm...

got same message:

"Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(): '/home/talkbass/web/photopost/uploads/38734/P3110002.JPG' is not a valid JPEG file in hometalkbasswebphotopostimage-inc.php on line 81

Unable to create image [/home/talkbass/web/photopost/uploads/38734/P3110002.JPG].
    Please contact system administrator."

3. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Tried again with different photos, different browser, different category but no dice. Same error message, same results. :(

Any ideas...Anyone??

4. Marshes

Marshes

Sep 20, 2004
    You are trying to upload a .JPG, and the server wants to see a .jpeg file. You could probably fix it by just changing your file from a jpg to jpeg.

5. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    JPG. is a jpeg compatible file???? :confused:

I've even tried to upload identical pictures that I brought up 3 days ago with the same problem. No matter what, the photopost upload tool gives me the same error message. When uploading the exact same image 3 days ago, it worked without a hitch. Now NO images work.
    Tried logging off/logging back in.

6. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    The .jpg .jpeg difference is not a factor. Have you done anything lately with your connection, installed a firewall, increased internet security, installed any Norton product, etc?

7. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Nope...
    I was uploading some pics to the gallery...all went well. I then linked to some of them for the show your jazzes thread. Then I tried to upload some more, and WHAMMO - error. There was literally three minutes or so between the successful uploads and the first unsuccessful attempt, and I made no changes to my system or anything else... :confused:

8. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    What I find strange is : no matter what jpeg file I try to upload, the error message remains the same. Shoudn't the finlename change when I try to upload a different pic??

9. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I would REALLY like to upload some of my pics to the gallery.... BUT still no progress.

I have no idea why I'm the only guy who can't do this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    What AntiVirus are you using?

I had similar problems on my computer. I has Nortons 2002 AntiVirus/Internet Security. All of a sudden, I couldn't upload pics. Then I couldn't see the pics in the Gallery or linked in TB threads. I just gave up cause I found another free photo hosting site, www.photobucket.com

I recently had to renew my subscription wiith Notron and I has to download the newest version (2005) and now I can see pictures in the Gallery. I haven't tried to post new pics, though.

I hope this helps. :)

11. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I have EZ Antivirus...came with my SBC Yahoo DSL.
    I'll check out the photobucket...
    Just weird how it happened is all.

12. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    What I'm guessing is you recently received an updae to your protection and it effected the TB upload process.

13. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Give the gallery another shot and let me know if the error message has changed any (I did a few things).

14. jja412

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Paul -

You're my hero!!!

Problem Solved!
    :hyper: :D :) :cool: