1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Galli Strings? Anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Rapisme, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Hey Folks,

So recently a fellow TBer ( really nice guy ) was selling some Galli strings. I took a chance and found them to be quite Good. I was impressed, They sound great have a good feel and so far had them on a bass for a month and showing no signs of dying out yet!
    So I wanted to hear of any experiences my fellow TBers may have had with them? I found a couple of YouTube clips about them but what really intrigues me is that why haven't these strings caught on yet. I may be off base but like many of you I've gone thru a gamut of strings and these for the price where a nice surprise!

Again looking for any feedback and how you rate these IMHO I'm really curious to hear what the TB community thinks.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. I've heard of "Galli" strings, but never heard of "Gatti". Are they actually two different brands?

3. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Oops????? Made the correction:roflmao:

Root 5 and michael_t like this.
  4. StoicStrayCat

StoicStrayCat

Oct 20, 2016
    Memphis
    Just wanted to check in with my experiences with Galli!

I’ve used the jazz flats and the tapes, and I’ll be hard pressed to find much better than these.

The flats are a nice marriage of Labellas and Chromes. They just feel like something special when you play them. Not too bright, not too dark, just a nice mellow tone.

The tapes I liked way more than any others I’ve tried. They market them as an “Acoustic electro bass tape wound” and after I slapped a set on my Emerald Balor I can see why. It’s this huge, smooth fundamental that just sits great in a mix. They also seemed louder than other tapes I’ve messed with.

I’ll get around to trying their rounds eventually, but so far, I’m sticking with these for as long as I can get them!

5. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Thanks Man!
    StoicStrayCat

Now I'm curious as I've tried there rounds both in Nickel and Stainless and I'm really hard pressed to find anything better ATM. I just love em!
    But thanks for the comment as now I'm excited about trying out there Tapes and Flats!!

StoicStrayCat likes this.
  6. StoicStrayCat

StoicStrayCat

Oct 20, 2016
    Memphis
    No problem! It’s good stuff, and it’s crazy more people don’t know about them.

Rapisme likes this.
  7. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Shhhhhh, it'll keep the prices down:D

8. raphaeld

raphaeld

Sep 19, 2012
    Israel
    Turns out that these are the strings on my new Jazz bass and I so love them. Feel, sound, tension, clarity they are just perfect.
    Any idea where to buy them? kind of rare online, don't you think?

9. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME

10. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    There's a guy in the classifieds that's selling them do a search and I'm sure you'll find him.

raphaeld likes this.
  11. StoicStrayCat

StoicStrayCat

Oct 20, 2016
    Memphis
    Strings and Beyond are the only place I’ve found them. I’ve had nothing but good things to say about them the few times I’ve used them.

raphaeld likes this.
  12. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    raphaeld likes this.
  13. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    How would you rate the tension of Galli strings?
    I've been checking out some clips. They sound very good.

14. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    Some guy named Jaco Pastorius used Galli strings ( also Rotosound ).

RicPlaya likes this.
  15. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    I have the Galli's on my jazz, very good match for the jazz bass!

I am considering trying out the Galli flats, they are stainless steel, was wondering if they are more on the bright side or tend to be more on the thuddy side like Labella or GHS Precisions? I do slap a little so I would hope they can do that too.

16. StoicStrayCat

StoicStrayCat

Oct 20, 2016
    Memphis
    They’re a little more on the traditional side. More Labella than TI, but still have enough character and definition to get around on. Maybe a little less bright than chromes?

RicPlaya and HaphAsSard like this.
  17. Rapisme

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    And for those looking to snag a couple of sets I have some listed in the classifieds.:)