1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien-Krueger 4412H Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lposavad, Sep 8, 2008.

1. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

Anybody remember these?
    Four 12's in a folded horn configuration and two 10's front firing. Four ohms, 250 watts RMS. About the size of an Ampeg 8x10.
    Punchy as hell, this is a long throw cabinet that sounds loud on stage and really loud out front.
    I bought mine new in December 1978.
    Anyone know what these are worth today?

Attached Files:

2. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Don't know what they bring these days but I used to have one. LOUD!

3. Mousekillaz

Mousekillaz

Nov 25, 2009
    Anacortes Wa.
    I know this is an ancient thread, but one of these is for sale in the Seattle Craigslist right now for $100.00!

4. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    I just picked up a 400B for $98. 250 loud watts @ 4 ohms
    can you imagine the two hundred dollar rig that would make?
    alas I'm 1000 miles from Jet City.

5. Very old thread but I still actually have this rig (see avatar). A 1975 GK 400B paired with a 4412 cabinet. I played it for almost 20 years and then put it into storage for nearly 10 years. Recently I "un-retired" and found myself in a situation where I needed a rig that could handle a good sized outdoor venue so I pulled the old rig out of mothballs. I plugged in and realized I was screwed - nothing but cracks, pops and hiss. Not being an amp tech I went online to see if there was any advice. I then stumbled upon this YouTube video and followed the plan. One trip to Radio Shack and an hour of my time to open the amp and spray everything - wow - what an amazing moment to hear that amp and cabinet sing again! This is a great rig but at this point in my life not something I can haul around anymore.

6. Kip Martin 650

Kip Martin 650

Jul 7, 2015

I not only remember these, I think you might own my old rig. Did you buy it used? I lived in Chula Vista in the 80's. And ,oh yes that was a fantastic cab!!!!

7. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

Kip, it's definitely not your old rig. I purchased mine new in Ottawa Canada, Christmas 1978 and have dragged it across Canada and down here. And the drag marks show!

Kip Martin 650 likes this.
  8. DevinWard369

DevinWard369

Apr 30, 2012
    Utah
    Old dead thread resurection!!
    Just scored one of these 4412 on a local trade and I absolutely love it!!
    Mine is a little different and only has one 10" instead of two! Whadafuuu?!? I haven't been able to look at an any of the 4 12" speakers but sound wise it's a beast!!! I might have fallen in love already! I'll take it apart more tomorrow and take some pictures and see if I can get more information about it. So far it seems like nobody knows or cares about this cab so I guess I'll have to post a new cab day and see if the talkbass gurus can dig in their dungeons of information and tell me why it's never gonna work haha!
    Going off posts and interests, not many have one of these but I wish I had more information and production info.

Mousekillaz likes this.
  9. You could shoot an email at brian@gallien.com he might dig up some info or get it from Mr Gallien (@rag here on TB). Bob (Robert A Gallien) is an engineer first and foremost so his responses can be brief. Approachable, but brief.

DevinWard369 likes this.