1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gallien Neo Help ? ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by manjonning, Feb 25, 2008.

1. manjonning

manjonning

May 18, 2006
    Minneapolis
    I have a great question!

I already run a 1001RB II -

Currently pushing a discontinued Ampeg SVT 412HE ..Which is a great cab but a complete horses ass to move around. I gig around 4 to 6 times a month.. Need lees to say I'm looking to stray for the 95lb 412 cab and move to a Neo 212 . .. . Which in lies the question.

I need the volume and need to know if the 212 can come close to what my 412 can do?

The Ampeg is a 400watt (800 watt program ) 4ohm Cab so I get the heads full power in terms of Watts..

With pairing the 1001 RB II with The Neo 412 will I get enough Volume considering I'll be using less watts from the head running it at 8 ohms...and having a Larger 600 watt over head on the cab?

I'm not the greatest at comparing such weirdly different specs!

Any help would be awesome! :confused:

2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    At first you said you were moving to a Neo212, than you said Neo412... Which one is it? Your answers will vary greatly until you clear that one up ;)

3. manjonning

manjonning

May 18, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Sorry ...going smaller to the 212 ...I 'm not looking to go with an even larger sized cab ..I think the 412s are the size of 810s right?...Looking for a rig I can grab the head in one hand and the cab in another without killing a ton of sound!

I am a fan of GK stuff just haven't seen a Neo 212 in town yet!

4. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I am plenty happy with the volume I get with my 1001/neo 212 set-up.

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    If you can carry a 2x12 in one hand and a head in the other you must be in great shape. But the Neo 2x12 will be a lot lighter than the Ampeg. I think you'll have plenty of volume. It'll sound different of course, but it'll sound good.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yes but if you've become accustomed to the sound and output of a 4x12, then I'd suggest two of those GK Neo 2x12 cabs. Manjonning, to answer your question of whether a 2x12 can do what a 4x12 can do, the answer is no. That's just physics unfortunately.

To answer your other question on size of a 4x12 compared to 8x10, the Aguilar 4x12 in our store is smaller than the Fender 8x10. It's about the same size as the Epifani 6x10 - which by the way is definitely a cab you should consider. You won't same much in physical size, but it'll be much lighter and easier to carry around.

7. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Awesome!

No.

This is what I would do: Buy two GK Neo 212 cabs. That will get you to what your 412 can do, and much easier to haul around. Another Recommendation also is the Schroeder 412L, it weighs 70-80 lbs, about as much as one of those GK 212 Neos, and smaller footprint than the Ampeg 412. That would be your one cabinet solution.

http://www.schroedercabinets.com/412.htm

8. manjonning

manjonning

May 18, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Thanks everyone ..

I'm not in great shape but I can carry my carvin 410 and my head all at once with out issue ..I'm a bigger cat. But I'm not diggin 10's so much anymore so I retired that cab!

The Ampeg 412 is just a pig at 95 lbs or so, and extremely awkward in size!.. Just need small - power!

I wish I could find a 212 in town to try ... 3 ****in gui**** Center's with in a 30 mile radius and not one 212 in town!

Anyone try the Avatar 212s?

M