1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gary Karr & Jennie Tourel - Five Russian Songs

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by eerbrev, Apr 2, 2015.

1. eerbrev

eerbrev

Dec 6, 2009
    Ottawa, ON, CAN
    Anyone know where to get the sheet music? It used to be available through the (now defunct) Slava Publishing.

2. neilG

neilG

Jun 15, 2003
    Ventura, CA
    I think all of these songs are standard repertoire without the bass part, so the piano part shouldn't be difficult to find. I think I still have hand scribbled bass parts from way back. If you're not in a hurry and nobody has anything better, I can make a nice Finale version and post it, but it'll be a few days.

3. eerbrev

eerbrev

Dec 6, 2009
    Ottawa, ON, CAN
    I'm in no hurry. I was just talking with a mezzo the other day who's doing some Russian songs, and these songs came to mind.

4. chicagodoubler

chicagodoubler

Aug 7, 2007
    Chicago, that toddling town
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, Genz Benz
    Was this published, the way it's played on the recording?

5. robobass

robobass

Aug 1, 2005
    Cologne, Germany
    Private Inventor - Bass Capos
    Doubtful. I also have hand scribbled bass parts somewhere. I don't remember exactly what we used for the piano part, but I think it was also handwritten and part of the arrangement. I think someone just transcribed it from the recording in order to perform it on a recital.

eerbrev likes this.
  6. chicagodoubler

chicagodoubler

Aug 7, 2007
    Chicago, that toddling town
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, Genz Benz
    Oh... then there should be no issue sharing these parts, for legal concerns? :)

7. eerbrev

eerbrev

Dec 6, 2009
    Ottawa, ON, CAN

There was an edition from slava publishing at one point, but I have no idea if it was exact to the recording. I had it bookmarked for a long time, then Slava publishing shut down.

8. I am selling a copy of this music, published by Slava. It contains two scores (soprano, db, piano) and one double bass part in orchestral tuning. The Russian text has been translated to English and transliterated to the Roman alphabet. The piece also contains a pronunciation guide for the transliterated text.

$15 Five Russian Songs (Soprano Voice) - M. Glinka and P. Tchaikovsky (Gary Karr, ed., Slava)

It contains five, but not all, of the songs from the recording mentioned earlier above in this thread: "Doubt" and "Elegy (Do Not Tempt Me Unnecessarily)" (Glinka) and "None But the Lonely Heart", "Wait", and "I Will Say Nothing to You" (Tchaikovsky).

Here is a link to my TB classified ad containing this piece and many others.
    For Sale - Sheet Music and Instructional CDs | TalkBass.com

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015