Gary Willis Bass Clinic in Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lo-freq, Oct 26, 2003.

1. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I hope this is OK to post...I got this info in an email from Bass Emporium in Austin.

Just thought some of you EBG'ist might want to check him out; he is awesome.

Gary Willis Bass Clinic - November 10th, 7:00pm @ Bass Emporium, Austin, Texas

Gary has played with Wayne Shorter, Allan Holdsworth, Hubert Laws, Simon Phillips, Joe Diorio, Robben Ford, and Phil Upchurch as well as sixteen years co-leading Tribal Tech producing nine critically acclaimed CDs. Bass Player magazine referred to him as "one of the most vital bass voices of the 90's." UK's Bassist magazine called Willis "one of the finest on the planet."

The admission price for the clinic is $10 and you can get tickets by coming by the store or calling us and charging these – we will mail these or hold these for you if you call in. We have a small store and there is limited space (probably about 75 seats), so please get your tickets early. Gary will also be giving a few private lessons on Tuesday morning & early afternoon. These one-hour, private lessons are $55 each and we have very few slots available. Call us soon for a lesson reservation/payment (first come - first served). For more information on Gary check the website under "events."

As usual, we will have some giveaways after the clinic and we will also have some of Gary’s instructional materials for sale. I would like to thank our sponsors Aguilar Amplification and D'Addario strings. We really hope to see you here on November 10th!
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Wow!! I'd love to attend that!

Gary is a bass monster!!
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i hope to be there. san antonio is trying to get him to come down as well
  4. The clinics at Bass Emporium are well worth attending, what could be better being in a cozily packed room of fellow bass players, beautiful basses adorn the walls and getting an up close show with one of the great players! Plus John always tries to have lots of stuff to give away.
  5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Gary is a FANTASTIC teacher and a great guy. I'd love to check that out!!!

I really appreciate the way he stresses proper plucking hand technique.
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    John is just a great guy that kept his store open late for a friend of mine and myself. he didn't know who the hell we were and was really cool about that. he didn't try to rush us out or anything.

i need to make a point of making my next big purchase from him.

7. DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Got my tickets, also going to take my drummer. John is a Good person and Great to do business with.:D I don't shop anywhere else.
  8. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    austin huh... now i just need to convince my dad to drive me there from sourlake... which is about 2 hours from houston