Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GBenz

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vinpaul, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    The gbe 600 head seems ridicolously good value for money. I played one a while ago and was quite impressed. Need a solid hard rock amp, bit of funk, n somethin that can handle me playing quite aggressive fingerstyle (Im talking hitting those strings real hard). Also will need new speakers and the ones at the dealer were the live series ones by GB, anyone know if there any good? I know the XB series seem to have a greast reputation but what bout these cheaper ones?

2. Can't comment on the cabs, but I A/B'd the 600 against the new fender 400 Pro and the 600 kicked its a$$! Thge Fender was just way too thin in comparison. I tried out the Fender 800 Pro which was way more powerfull and does 1200 watts at 2 ohms! mated to some good cabs, that thing would punch like Tyson! I'd like to see a shootout btw the Genz 1200 and the Fender 800 Pro sometime...

Anyone got any experience with these two?

3. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    The GBE 600 is one of my favorite heads of all time, at any price, and it's a great value. Great sounding, flexible EQ options, tons of power. I couldn't imagine needing to move up to the 1200, even though I play loud, for the extra watts. It easily keeps up with any 300 watt tube head I've owned, and it buries the 900 watt SWR I had. Not that I don't want the 1200, mind you, it has even more EQ options, but the 600 is awesome. Unfortunately, no Genz Benz dealers out here stock the bass stuff. Yeah, go figure. The only other dealers I've been to (both 2 hours away) only had combos and the little NEO cab.

4. tubster

tubster

Feb 5, 2003
    Southwest Spain
    Got the GB NEO 400 combo and it kicks...
    great value gear and great sound

5. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I had the GB Live series 1x15 and the ML210T combo. The speakers in the combo farted out after a couple of gigs. The 1x15 was a very dependable cab IMO. I ended up trading it in.
    But yes, the Live series (less expensive) 1x15 is a decent cab. From my past experience, I would be cautious with their 10" speakers - 2x10 or 4x10.

The best thing you can do is try them out - LOUD.

6. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    the XB and neox definitely get all the praise. ive only heard great things about the XB and NEOX series and not much at all about the LS line. if you can swing it id highly advise going with the XB or NEOX.