1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC content inside!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GearHeadBassMan, Oct 1, 2008.

1. When you guys go browsing around a GC (which I'm planning on doing either today or tommorow) and screw around with the amps, do you bring your bass with you/leave it in the car in case you get enticed?

I don't mean if you're going specifically to try out a certain set-up, just if you're messing around for a few hours and trying out some new gear.

Should my bass grab shotgun for the trip?

2. Jsegbers

Jsegbers

Aug 26, 2008
    Dont even think about leaving it in the car. Bring it in with you, they should have no problem.

I worked in a GC three years ago, and there are some vultures that would sit in the parking lot.

Not even a bad side of town really, not only do you have piece of garbage thieves, but you also have some people that are normally honest but see a case in a car outside of GC and lose all of their decency

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    If I'm dicking around, never, but usually if I'm just strolling around it's because I'm killing time.

When I plan to possibly buy some gear? Definitely. Okay like 90% of the time, but really, if I plan on buying it, I want to know what my bass will sound like through it.

4. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Going to seriously consider buying/trying = my own bass

Going to screw around = their basses

5. yeah I learned the hard way to never leave my bass in my car. one of a limited run of 100... gone. not bitter about that at all. :angry:

yeah, just making sure I wasn't going to be a weirdo trying out gear with other gear.

I suppose since I use a j config it'll give me a chance to try the new american fenders.

ok, so to an amp question: I'm going to try out a markbass rig, a GK one, and an acoustic one. any other amps you recommend me checking out?

(i don't really dig ampeg that much, and mesa is too expensive/not that appealing tonally to me, and I play rock and like my bass fat and crunchy)

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    They usually have P-basses so no. I don't buy anything from there though. :oops: