1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GC shipped my bass to the wrong address...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Megas3300, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Mini vent session incoming...

Background: I am from Canton, Ohio, but I live in and go to school in Cincinnati. However my permanent(billing) address remains in Canton at my parent's house.

This weekend I order a new AM Spec. P Bass in store at the Cincinnati GC, and tell them to have it shipped to the store. They tell me it will be shipping in from the GC in Lexington, KY, so It shouldn't take long. I get a GC confirmation email for my order, saying that the shipping address is to the Cincinnati GC. They provided a UPS tracking link. This was this past Saturday.

Fast forward to this morning, before work I decide to click on the UPS link to see where the Bass is and If I should be able to pick it up at the Cincinnati GC. And lo and behold, the Bass is out for delivery in Canton! I reasoned that they mistakenly mailed it to my billing address. First I call my mom and tell her to expect a big box that needs a delivery signature, she received it at around 10 this morning.

So now since I don't want to ship the bass again, I am stuck taking a 200 mile (one way) road trip this weekend to get the new bass. I imagine that the screw up occurred in Lexington, because the order confirmation had every indication of shipping the bass to the Cincinnati GC.

Sorry about that mild wall of text, but I needed to vent to people who I feel could sympathize. GC will hear from me too once I am off work.

2. Truth be told I was planning on visiting my Parents/Girlfriend at home either this weekend or next weekend. But this latest development made me chose sooner for sure!

I wonder if GC can throw a HSC my way for my trouble. ;)

3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I would complain and ask them for maybe a gift card or something gas isn't cheap.

4. Well, after a phone call and a store visit, here's what happened:

The store manager was a little flabbergasted at what happened, and reasons that it is the Lexington store that messed up, given that the order was placed correctly.

They tried to offer many ways to get the bass back to Cincy, involving shipping the bass back to Lexington, then having them ship it to Cincy. Or having my mom take the bass to the Akron GC and having them ship it to Cincy.

In the end I said I was weary of shipping instruments around, and I asked if there was anything they could do to "sweeten the deal for my trouble" I said I was looking for another HSC, and they offered me 20% off any case I wanted. I went with a simple wood case and paid around $45 for it.

All in all, I'm only a little miffed that I have to wait longer to get the bass, and the GC store handled things professionally, even though the mix up was not their fault. I was happy they could somewhat ease the pain.:)

5. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Dec 21, 2012
    Some etailers are very strict about only shipping to the billing address as an effort to fight fraud. It can be inconvenient, to be sure. But I also appreciate all efforts to avoid having my card hacked.

6. Except I had it shipped to the GC store, and I place the order IN THE STORE, CARD and PHOTO ID in hand.

And the order was placed correctly, with the shipping address clearly laid out to be the Cincy GC, and I would have needed my ID to pick it up.

It was a bona-fide mix up on the Lexington GC's part.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021