Genzler Amplification at NAMM 2017

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Winston Wolf, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Winston Wolf

Winston Wolf Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    20170119_145338.jpg 20170119_145535.jpg NAMM 2017.
    Jeff Genzler and Scott Andres are cheerfully answering questions at the Genzler Amplification booth. They are nice people. I listened to some players playing through the Magellan 800, and through the new Magellan 350. Both sounded similar and really good. The Magellan 350 combo is quite amazing.

Jeff showed me the new Magellan 350 combo and described everything about it. The BA10-2 cabinet has a hidden mounting bracket that the Magellan 350 fits into. At 25 pounds (amp and cabinet), it’s very lightweight. Jeff put the combo into the carry bag and put the shoulder strap over my shoulder. Bass in a gig bag, amp combo in a shoulder strap case, and both hands free to carry or hold anything else. This is a one trip load in and load out setup.

Judging by the number of Genzler Magellan 800 / BA12-3 rigs used at the booths of upper-end bass builders, it would be safe to say that Jeff and his company have earned the respect of the best bass builders in the business.

TalkBass member Maurilio has his new Mina Bass Design 5 string bass on display at the Genzler Amplification booth, also. It is beautiful and impressive. image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Tbone76, Carey, Burwabit and 3 others like this.
  2. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Best bass gear on the market IMO and has changed the game for me. IMG_0485.JPG

Tbone76, Burwabit, maurilio and 3 others like this.
  3. Agree 100% of course 20170114_154443.jpg

maurilio, Winston Wolf and campbems like this.
  4. Snaxster

Snaxster

Nov 29, 2008
    Wow! Hello and thank you for this news. Too cool. For anyone who didn't know, Maurilio Mina is better known as "Mo" of Nordstrand Guitars fame. That man has a quick wit, a heart of gold, and is the finest guitar tech/assembler you can imagine. Oh, and Maurilio is a smoking bass guitarist, too. :thumbsup: Go get 'em, Mo!

Carey, maurilio and Winston Wolf like this.
  5. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    @Winston Wolf Thanks for stopping by. Enjoyed showing you the gear. And Mo's bass is really getting the raves. A real piece of art. Great guy too.

Tbone76, Carey, maurilio and 2 others like this.
  6. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Indeed a beautiful bass, and I agree too that Mo's a really good player. I've listened to him many times.

Carey, maurilio and Winston Wolf like this.
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022