1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Genzler Bass Array Cab Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BitMoBass, May 4, 2017.

1. Genzler Bass Array Cab Question (I tried searching this question but didn't have much success)

The Genzler Bass Array series of cabs have attracted my interest (ie: BA-12-3).

Regarding the four 3” drivers that make up the line array element. Are these four speakers in their own enclosure? Or, are they mounted on that front baffle board as four open backed speakers? It’s difficult to tell eggsackly what is going on from the picture.......thanks for any insight on this.

2. I used to work with a guys who's last name was Ackly. We called him "Eggs."

3. ha ha ha ---- good one......I guess the yolk was on him

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    You guys are cracking me up.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  5. .....I'm no eggspert on these Genzler cabs and my hencylopedia is no help --- hopefully I'll get an answer to my question before fryday.......(I'm really not into puns and I have a feeling this thread will soon be scrambled in a direction I never planned on).

murphy, Tommyc and Old Garage-Bander like this.
  6. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Omelette someone else answer the question, I don't know for sure.

7. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Let me help unscramble this quakery. Back to the question, yes the Array element is a sealed half-radius enclosure where the 4 x 3" NEO drivers are installed. It is mounted directly in front of the 12" driver and is mounted with 2 screws from the top and 2 from the bottom. The are full range drivers crossed over in the 800 Hz range.

8. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    don't be so shy, you should really come out of your shell

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  9. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    you can hardly get a better answer than that ! :thumbsup:

I was going to say you can hardly beat an answer like that, but I did not want to continue the egg pun theme :laugh:

10. Thanks Jeff; quite the streamlined and elegant design.

11. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Don't chicken out. I would whisk on down to your yolkal music store and fry out one of these BA cabs.

Omelette.

12. BrotherRay

BrotherRay

Nov 28, 2016
    Detroit, MI
    These posts should all be put together on a comedy albumen.

Old Garage-Bander, interp and KJMO like this.
  13. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

great cabs
    Love mine

revroy likes this.
  14. ===== Thanks ----- $$$ are a bit tight now, and my current cabinet continues to hang, plus the band I play the majority of gigs with these daze is not super loud and they run everything thru the PA which has a sub. However, at some point, I do plan to try a BA-12-3 and hear it for myself.

15. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    One for these cabs is pretty darn loud and very articulate. You could easily gig with a moderate band. Two would scramble your huevos for sure.

revroy likes this.
  16. Nickweissmusic

Nickweissmusic Knows all intervals from one Fred, to Juan octave Commercial User

Jan 26, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    I teach lessons and perform live music in and around San Diego CA. Sometimes I even make money doing it!
    I was going to posit that open backed speakers would be extremely unlikely in a hi-fi application, Even tweeters need their own enclosure or are built as a closed back unit. Then the freaking guy who made them had to scoop me, and give even more cogent info.

Great to have you back on the market, Jeff, I'm sorry to report your old stuff is so damn good, I need it to break or stop being so awesome to reload. I haven't plugged into an amp other than the shuttlemax 12.2 in 5 years or so, at any gig of any size.

JLY, Ryan L., Lvjoebass and 1 other person like this.
  17. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    Nickweissmusic likes this.
  18. dBerriff

dBerriff

Oct 2, 2004
    Oakham, UK
    I have just bought a 10-2 cab as part of the combo. If dollars are tight then the cost is a bit lower and it will be plenty loud enough for jazz and EUB work. I am still evaluating the combo but it is all good so far.

I know what you mean Nick about the gear being "too good". I only sold my Genz Benz Shuttle setup because I thought my gigging days were over. Now I have to buy into it all again - how awful. :)

Nickweissmusic likes this.
  19. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    while we are discussing these cabs...what does the low-frequency roll-off curve look like? and...how is that curve affected by running, say, three of these cabs stacked? (my amps are 2-ohm stable.)

20. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    These puns are ova the top.