1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Georgia Satellites by the (roman) numbers.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by PopaWoody, Dec 27, 2011.

1. PopaWoody

PopaWoody The major rager

May 28, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    This is a simple exercise, mostly to help expand my theory and knowledge. Since there are some way better players on this forum, I come here seeking knowledge fairly often.

Keep your hands to yourself is a staple in our setlist.

I would like to hear the 5 or 10 second improvised description of how to play this song. Say you have a bassist that can improvise a little and you need to describe the structure including changes how would you do it.

Mostly its a I,IV,V progression but there are some changes in the solo sections and well.

What say you TB? Key of A I,IV,I,V to start

2. sammyp

sammyp

Aug 20, 2010
    NB, Canada
    the key thing to realize if you're talking this tune down quick, like on stage is that it is a Blues! for that tune all you need to say is blues in A with a straight rock feel.

Sorry i don't remember the solo changes ...my band plays it as a blues throughout without deviating from that form .....we learned it on the fly as well cause the drummer knew the lyrics!

I chord 4 bars
    IV chord 2 bars
    I chord 2 bars
    V chord 2 bars
    I chord 2 bars